Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer on Pacquiao's Loss, Jabs Arum, Rips The Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer on Pacquiao's Loss, Jabs Arum, Rips The Rematch

BoxingScene.com spoke with Richard Schaefer, the CEO of Golden Boy Promotions, to get his thoughts regarding Manny Pacquiao's controversial decision loss to Timothy Bradley from this past Saturday night in Las Vegas. Schaefer also gave his take on why a Pacquiao-Bradley rematch is a bad idea for the sport. And he also discusses whether or not the Bradley defeat will affect future negotiations for a possible mega-fight between Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr.

[Click Here To Read More]

Good interview

Comment

Richard is right, what is it that you people dont understand about the outcome of all this, nobody wants a rematch ...

who are you going to get to pay for this right after it reeks of corruption, you will only be adding more fuel to the fire by announcing a rematch... im more interested in hearing about what teddy atlas said that pacquiao's contract was running out.... im happy espn and all mainstream sport news are calling this fight a corruption and a joke, top rank just took a massive nuclear bomb..... and i love it!!! ...

and for bob arum to say after, "im going to make alot of money from this".. sealed it! that senile moron is going to regret making that statement

Comment

Impressive.

I agree with all of his statements, from his views on the judging of the fight to the way the money for a Pac-May fight should be split.

An honest, straight-forward promoter, who would have thought?

Comment

Half of me knows he's right. It's a shit fight and the other knows damn well he's just setting up Khan/Bradley @ 147.

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
            Impressive.

I agree with all of his statements, from his views on the judging of the fight to the way the money for a Pac-May fight should be split.

An honest, straight-forward promoter, who would have thought?
            I dont really disagree with anything he says but lets not get out of hand and think that if he promoter Pac instead of Mayweather that he wouldnt want at least a 50/50 split for his guy.

he may be right but the split thing doesnt necessarily make him honest lol

Comment

Great stuff from Shaefer.

Comment

Pac isnt standing up to nothing, the man is a puppet and a muppet... He should refuse a rematch and see what arum does with Timmy.

Comment

Originally posted by box.lin
                  I used to hate tHis baNker But he seems to be a good promoter (not corrupt)
                  havent heard from any boxer call this guy a crook or a liar... theres a reason why mayweather loves him so much and even he said he wishes other promoters were like richard shaefer

Comment

Am going to make a lot of money in the rematch.....lol

Comment

Working...
                    X