Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys think of this boxing club?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think of this boxing club?

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Last edited by dreaded_FIST; 06-08-2010, 01:52 PM.

Originally posted by jmacky View Post
    Hey all, i'm 19 yrs old..and I did mma/boxing..for about 4 years...than I graduated from HS and I took my nursing program (1 year in which I did basically no exercise or anything) and i'll be graduating next month. I'm looking to get back into shape and I feel like boxing will be a better choice for me rather than going to a MMA gym (because it's mad expensive and I outgrew the whole mma thing)

With that said, I used to pay $120/month at the mma gym(s).

This boxing gym that i'm interested in is only $150 for 4 months (no contract). It's a non-profit organization. The trainer there is around 80 years old. His name is Roy Witts I believe. It's a real ****hole according to my friend. My goal is to have my first amateur bout next year.

portkellsboxingclub.com (I can't post urls yet)

There are other gyms I could go too such as Tony Peps gym... but they're all expensive. I'm a beginner so hopefully this gym can help me achieve my goals. What should I be looking for in a gym?
    couldnt open that link, I guess it depends how serious you are about training. 120 for a month is fuking crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by jmacky
      Forgot to mention that this schedule will allow me to workout on tues, thurs, and saturday.. which is also a plus.
      there you go... pay for 4 months and take it from there, you can always hear ppl talk. good luck man.

Comment

Go for it mate - You dont need much to have a good work out and If you've had a year out it's probably a good place to start again. I'd go for 4 months build you fitness levels and just take it from there...Good luck

Comment

Working...
        X