No announcement yet.

Chad Dawson has nothing to lose

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad Dawson has nothing to lose

Chad Dawson literally has nothing to lose. He's The Ring and WBC champion of another division[175] which is not on the line for this fight. His 0 is already gone, he's the underdog, if he wins he's The Ring champion of two weight classes at the same time, he'd also be still be the WBC champion at 175, plus the WBC and WBA champion at 168. If he loses, he's still The Ring/WBC champion at 175.

Andre Ward can lose his 0 which is big, his Ring title, his WBC title, his WBA title, would lose a lot of leverage in rematches with Kessler or Ward.

which makes his Dangerous, if he loses most will just say "HE WAS OUT OF HIS WEIGHT CLASS" which would be 100% TRUE!

Comment

i think he has plenty to lose kev, you think 0 means much except for the chavez jr fans and the *****s? he has a lot of good fight opportunities still at lhw

Comment

A lot of pride and self belief is on the line, I think there is still quite a bit on the line including a whole lot of respect if Dawson manages to win.

Im expecting it to be a dull fight but im actually looking forward to it as both these guys are class fighter and someone has to lose (hopefully no draw!)

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
          i think he has plenty to lose kev, you think 0 means much except for the chavez jr fans and the *****s? he has a lot of good fight opportunities still at lhw
          The 0 is a big factor in boxing now, especially with people like Broner and Floyd flaunting it.

Comment

Ward is good but people are gassing up too much after he beat Carl Froch....a fighter that stylistically tailor made for him.

As long as Dawson isn't drained, he wins, he's faster then ward, stronger, taller & more significantly Ward has never faced a world class south paw.

Ward doesn't out box Dawson & isn't strong enough to get on the inside to keep him there, he'll get pushed off as Dawson doesn't let opponents lean on him.
            Last edited by BornToLive; 08-13-2012, 03:21 PM.

Comment

so what? you want everyone to start praising Ward now?

drained opponent 7 lbs, fighting in home town

Comment

The "0" should be meaningless unlees the person who maintains it has fought only the best competition once he reaches his maturation. So called "blems" or losses are also meaningless if your bouts are against quality opposition. Only the casual fan is impressed with the "0" or a novice fan who hasn't any history to his boxong knowledge thinks its important. Every fighter that has money and knowledge behind them come up with undefeated records for their first 18 to 25 bouts so if theres a "0" there after their 30 to 36 fights in then theirs some accomplishment there. Look at anyones record who has management and money behind them and you'll see a spoon fed record even as far back as the 20's!!! So ease up on the undefeated records, take a close look at who the undefeated fighter has fought and access how much creediance those victories are worth. It does take talent and fighter luck (cuts & dq) to get to be undefeated but far to much praise is given for it.
                The greatest fighers in the history of boxing were not undefeated, you fight to win and if the effort is there and your willing to win thats all you can do. A loss is just a set back to ego it rarely has anything to do with your status as long as you compete on a high level and win more than you lose. Ray.

Comment

He has more TV exposure to lose. He's been nothing but a bust for HBO because of his tentativeness during his fights. He's not a rating's draw nor a crowd draw. If he loses another fight, I don't see HBO putting him on anymore.

Comment

"Would lose a lot of leverage in rematches with Kessler or Ward", I meant Kessler and Froch.

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                    so what? you want everyone to start praising Ward now?

drained opponent 7 lbs, fighting in home town
                    I'm rooting for Chad Dawson actually. I'm just giving my opinion, but Chad Dawson is one of my favorite active fighters, I like him a lot more than Ward. This is not a thread downplaying Chad.

And be real with your self, Andre Ward isn't draining anybody. Chad Dawson called the weight class himself, Ward just accepted. 168 was not a weight stipulation made by Ward like other fighters do. He's being unfairly insulted about the weight when it was never even negotiated, it was offered to him and he took it.

Comment

Working...
                    X