Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forget the PED talk, how does Manny puncher harder and faster in the late rounds?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget the PED talk, how does Manny puncher harder and faster in the late rounds?

I remember specifically watching the fight and thinking, Margs is going to wear him down and take him out late....

Tony was landing some decent body shots early on and in the sixth round landed one that almost folded Pacquiao......

Then came the 9th round and as I am sitting in the stadium, I remember thinking, Pacquiao is faster and stronger than he was in the first few rounds.....

Can you guys think of any other fighters that were like this? And without the talk of PEDs, how the hell does he do it?

Not even Mayweather (who in my opinion is one of the greatest trained and welll conditioned boxers EVER) does this......

pac is ball of energy, that's why he's always doing something, playing basketball after workouts, etc etc etc.

i think he took a couple rounds off too

Comment

Originally posted by HTown_Texan View Post
      I remember specifically watching the fight and thinking, Margs is going to wear him down and take him out late....

Tony was landing some decent body shots early on and in the sixth round landed one that almost folded Pacquiao......

Then came the 9th round and as I am sitting in the stadium, I remember thinking, Pacquiao is faster and stronger than he was in the first few rounds.....

Can you guys think of any other fighters that were like this? And without the talk of PEDs, how the hell does he do it?

Not even Mayweather (who in my opinion is one of the greatest trained and welll conditioned boxers EVER) does this......
      I was there also and never thought that Pac was faster and stronger than he was in the first few rounds.

I saw it as Margarito become weaker and hesitant.

And, you never answered my question on who from Marg team told you that he was running at 5am and in the sauna on the day of the weigh-in? Eaner, who was there and part of Margarito team, debunked that story by the way.

Comment

I don't think he's punching harder and faster but his opponents are moving slower and are weaker.

Pacquiao just has unbelievable stamina

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
          I was there also and never thought that Pac was faster and stronger than he was in the first few rounds.

And, you never answered my question on who from Marg team told you that he was running at 5am and in the sauna on the day of the weigh-in? Eaner, who was there and part of Margarito team, debunked that story by the way.
          ^^^^ this..............read what garcia commented..........he felt his power.......making MARG more hesitant

Comment

the answer is simple. cause marg was taking a beating and getting broken down, he slowed down thus making pac seem faster and stronger than in the first few rounds

Comment

he looks stronger and faster because by the later rounds, his opponents have already gotten the crap beat out of them

Comment

Drugs..........

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post

I dont know the dudes name... I know I was there a more than a few times talking to Sergio Diazand conversating with a number of Team Margarito people......

I didnt ask for names or anything like that........ But the guy was around a couple of times when I stopped and talked to Sergio and others.....

And why is it whenever someone posts anything that goes against what YOU think (not just me, but others also) you come in all high and mighty and try to act like others dont know what they are talking about?

Does it ever occur to you that people come on here as a HOBBY and arent always serious (well besides you of course)?

And are you aware that peoples OPINIONS differ from one another? Just wondering.... You have to be the most pompous and arrogant poster on this site....

People come on here for fun, but you come on here to police boxing knowledge...

Chill out, OPINIONS are just that, they are OPINIONS......

And why would I lie about the Margarito story? I have no reason to......

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post

the answer is simple. cause marg was taking a beating and getting broken down, he slowed down thus making pac seem faster and stronger than in the first few rounds
                    I understand that, and that is the common sense way of looking at it.....

But late in the fight, Pac was more accurate, faster and sat down on his punches a lot more....

But I am not just talking about the Margarito fight imparticular....

Im talking about Clottey, Cotto, and others......

It just amazes me....

As big of a "*****" as some might say that I am, I have big doubts about Mayweather in this fight....

Not only does Manny have toe power to MAYBE stop him, but he is just as conditioned as Mayweather (if not more) and has a good chance at winning on the cards also.....

Comment

Working...
                    X