No announcement yet.

Andre Ward on commentary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Ward on commentary

How do you feel he went commenting on the fights this evening (or morning)?

Similarly, Kellerman in the interview role?

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post

bland and boring like his personality

Comment

Mehhh didnt really stand out to me

Kellerman asked Golovkin some dumb questions and also made them harder to understand when Golovkin had a hard time understanding

Comment

Maybe it will come with time but I feel Ward is better in the studio analyzing than in commentary.

Kellerman's interviews were poor imo. He speaks to foreign fighters in complex English instead of keeping it basic and then cuts to the studio when Rosado came in because he felt he lost control.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          Mehhh didnt really stand out to me

Kellerman asked Golovkin some dumb questions and also made them harder to understand when Golovkin had a hard time understanding
          Kellerman is horrible on interviews, they need someone else, Larry Merchant was much better 100 times better when he conducted post fight interviews. Kellerman seems so awkward like he is trying to think of something to say, but he has a huge problem interviewing foreign fighters, last time Steve Bunce clowned on him for his interviewing skills and talking so slowly to a foreign fighter it was funny.

Kellerman doesn't know how to deal with foreigners, you have to give them a minute to let things translate in their head, he was rushing that interview causing GGG to keep repeating phrases over and over making it uncomfortable for him since he is just learning English.

As far as Ward goes, the man is boring and bland. Please do not hire him, the guy just has no personality or charisma he is like his fighting style nothing appealing just very Vanilla. good guy though.

Roy Jones Jr is better, Bobby Cyzz, George Foreman, Paulie Malignaggi are all much better, but why doesn't HBO bring back Kevin Kelley? Kevin Kelley would work well with Max Kellerman.

Comment

No personality, he's not good as a commentator. I find Roy Jones Jr way more entertaining that Ward.

Comment

1. Boring
              2. Generic statements which leads to more boringness
              3. No emotion
              4. Dumb comments about JCC

Comment

I like listening to Ward's commentary. He is a smart fighter, so he has a lot to offer as far as commentary is concerned. It is always fun to hear great fighters commentating since they have a lot of knowledge of the sport. They are always detailed and really break down what the fighters are doing. They need to give Roger Mayweather a shot, though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post

I love how annoyed Kellerman was when he would try and make a point and Andre would shut him down and be like actually Max, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Comment

I don't mind ward commentary, very knowledgeable... & not annoying like Paulie Malignaggi (but I think paulie only did showtime right?) ...ohh yeah and Lennox haven't done it in a while, glad he is gone too..

"Absolutely"

Comment

Working...
                    X