No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hatton: Senchenko is a Better Fight Than Katsidis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hatton: Senchenko is a Better Fight Than Katsidis

As previously reported on BoxingScene.com, Ricky Hatton has confirmed that his comeback fight on November 24 will be against Ukrainian Vyacheslav Senchenko.

Hatton, who is coming out of retirement following a three-and-a-half-year exile from the ring, announced that 35-year-old Senchenko would be his first opponent in a welterweight clash at the Manchester Evening News Arena.

Largely unknown on British shores, Senchenko, like Hatton, is a former world welterweight champion, losing the belt in his last bout - his first career loss - to American Paulie Malignaggi. [Click Here To Read More]

its not bad, but katsidis would have been a better fight for the fans. but fair play in fighting a guy that is world ranked at least after what hatton has been through.

Comment

Of course it is, 1 is a title the fight. The other is........ well just a fight.

Comment

Hatton is a true champion. He's fighting a taller man and someone with a point to prove. Love Hatton

Comment

This fight should be decent for gauging where Hatton is. Senchenko isn't a threat to an upper-tier fighter.

Comment

Senchenko probably is in better shape than Katsidis right now, but I do hope Hatton fights Katsidis next year if he beats Senchenko and Malignaggi because as Ricky says it's a fight the fans were interested in.

Comment

He's right, but I would have rather seen Katsidis for the action.

Comment

Originally posted by NSB Know it all
                Hatton's ducking Katsidis.
                Stop trolling Senchenko would stop Katsidis, Senchenko is a fully blown welterweight with 1 defeat, Katsidis has lost 4 of his last 5 and looked utter ****e at 140lb's.

If Katsidis looked terrible and small against a random african at 140lb's, what would he look like at 147lb's?

Comment

Originally posted by chocolate View Post
                  Stop trolling Senchenko would stop Katsidis, Senchenko is a fully blown welterweight with 1 defeat, Katsidis has lost 4 of his last 5 and looked utter ****e at 140lb's.

If Katsidis looked terrible and small against a random african at 140lb's, what would he look like at 147lb's?
                  I hate seeing Katsidis like this. With 6 losses, that's it, he's officially just a gatekeeper. But i'll always like Katsidis. How can you actually hate a guy like that. After he got those 3 straight against an old Jesus Chavez, and then a tough win over Escobedo and his biggest win over Mitchell, I thought he was gonna be a top guy for a while, Then Marquez just ruined the guy I think. After the Marquez fight and brother's death, he hasn't been the same. I'll still root for him though, and hope he can come back.

Comment

Senchenko lost the only legit fight he had and he wouldn't beat anybody in the top 25, but he's a full-blown welterweight with a decent, standup style and he should give Hatton rounds. Which is what he needs at this point. Katsidis would be a more fun fight to watch, but Senchenko may serve him better down the road if he wants to win another belt

Comment

Working...
                    X