No announcement yet.

I don't understand people saying this is a "Re-invented Cotto"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't understand people saying this is a "Re-invented Cotto"

This is for the people that say Cotto is re-invented and that he's at a comfortable weight and improved.

People that are saying the 2 loses on Cotto's record are controversial and that Cotto was cheated.

That still doesn't change the fact that cotto got his Mo'fking ass beat down twice. He was bloodied to a pulp and got knocked out! Cotto took some SERIOUS punishment!

Cotto was beat down! He took some serious headshots. He is NOT the same fighter! This version of Cotto is a shot-to-pieces Cotto. (Sorry Cotto fans, no offense)

Cotto beat Mayorga and one-eye Margarito!!! Give me a f'kin break! Even in the Margarito fight cotto was getting hit flush by the one-eye Margarito and at the same time gasping for air through his mouth like he just climbed mount Everest!

Floyd trying to hype up Cotto is pathetic. Hey "Floyd" you're not fooling anyone .

This is what I figured too. People only think he's reborn because of his new trainer pushing him to the limit, having him doing odd things like rope climbing and throwing ping pongs at him. His training is much more solid, but I don't think he's reborn.

Comment

i definitely wouldn't go as far as reborn. but that margarito lost destroyed his confidence. and he needed the rematch to prove to himself (even if not necessarily true) that he would have beat margarito if he didn't use the plaster, since he did it in the rematch. so if he looks at it that way it can be a huge confidence boost. and he can tell himself he was drained in the pacquiao fight, but in the buildup all you heard was he felt great and saying the same things as now really.

those beatdowns will always affect him but i think diaz is really good for him for a floyd fight cause those cubans know counterpunchers and he is training harder than usual from what im hearing

i don't even want to make a prediction cause im temped to say floyd stoppage, i hope not though. i hope cotto can somehow tko or ko him just cause it would be so unbelievable and boxing world would erupt lol

Comment

Its not saying he is the same fighter as his prime , its saying he has a better attitude and mental state than he had following Margos cheat beating , its saying he has rejuvenated mental confidence since the depression of Margo .

Comment

he fought 2 handicapped fighters and 1 shot to **** fighter now he is reinvented

Comment

oh and he isnt shot he just isnt that good

Comment

He's not shot. Morales went through 2 brutal wars with Barrera and still had enough left in the tank to beat Pacquiao.

Jermaine Taylor is shot. Cotto is just flawed and makes numerous mistakes that can be exposed.

Comment

If he was shot Pacquiao would have KO'd him easily Hatton style.

Cotto got beaten and got caught with some shots he didn't see by Pacquiao but he presented a good fight, he was able to land a lot of shots on Pacquiao and outbox him in many rounds. It'll be a close and competitive fight on Saturday.

Comment

only ones saying that are Floydfags trying to save face
                  just like they did after degrading Shane Mosley for 2 years
                  they weren't expecting Floyd to have to fight him
                  they've been tearing Cotto's name down for 5 years
                  the last 2 of which, saying he's shot
                  they weren't expecting Floyd to ever fight him either
                  now Yuri, Mayorga, and Tony 2 made him "reborn" :laugh:

Comment

I wonder what would happen if cotto- pac 2 was made instead. Cotto was Pac and Arums 1 st choice and they couldn't agree on the weight.

Comment

Working...
                    X