No announcement yet.

Marsh takes title from Pickering

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marsh takes title from Pickering

Matthew Marsh won the British super-bantamweight title with a unanimous points decision over Esham Pickering at Bethnal Green's York Hall.

Marsh, 25, was dominant from the first bell, landing more punches and was generally the busier fighter.

It took Pickering until round four to trouble the challenger but he struggled to impose himself on the Londoner.

The action see-sawed in the later rounds with Pickering caught too often and Marsh did enough to win on points.

Source: BBC Sport

=============================

Any British boxing fans see this? Good fight in the end and I had Marsh to win by quite a few rounds. He was the much more aggressive fighter and even though Pickering looked to be coming back into it late on, Marsh had the ability to see out the fight.

Congrats to him, new British champion.

easham looked slow as hell for a lot of this. he used to have quickest hands in british boxing, i think hes done, i hope he doesnt fight again. On the positive side if matthew marsh actually starts fighting regularly (10 fights in 4 years wtf?) then hes a decent prospect for european level.

Comment

not a huge pickering fan and lost even more respect for him when he came out to soulja boy in the fight b4 this

Comment

Pickering needs to retire!

Comment

I was in Rome when this fight happened. Was it any good?

Comment

Working...
          X