No announcement yet.

Chavez size is his only advantage vs Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chavez size is his only advantage vs Martinez

Kids huge man. Im kinda worried for Serg. No doubt Serg has the upper hand in skill and speed but still. I dont think Serg can hurt Chavez at this stage. His best bet is to cut him up like he did to Pavlik and be ready for 12 rounds ofa big fighter infront of him. Im hoping Martinezs age doesnt show either.

But the size could be the key . And how Serg handles it. I hope Serg doesnt try for the KO, he wont get it

I can't see Chavez Jr. eating all of Martinez's overhand lefts and right hooks all night. I could be wrong and if I am, Martinez is gonna have a rough night in the ring.

Comment

That, and inside fighting.

That's about it.

Comment

He's big, BUT, he's not that good to be honest with you. He's the perfect type of big opponent to look great against. He just hasn't faced anyone that's actually good. Martinez is going to carve him up. This is like Pac vs. Margarito.

Comment

He can hurt anybody who has zero defense & lets him tee off on them.

This fight will be a massacre.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            He can hurt anybody who has zero defense & lets him tee off on them.

This fight will be a massacre.
            Exactly. Some people might have seen the "turning point" in Chavez's career, when he beat Lee. I just saw 2 garbage fighters, and one was a naturally bigger, more durable, garbage fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              That, and inside fighting.

That's about it.
              Stamina too. I've never seen him tire. It's 1 thing to fight a bigger guy. But it adds a whole new dimension when that ****er keeps your own pace all night.

Comment

Jr is too slow. I see a KO coming. People are afraid to predict it because they haven't seen Jr get KO'd before, but this is an inevitability when you match these to guy's skillsets.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  Stamina too. I've never seen him tire. It's 1 thing to fight a bigger guy. But it adds a whole new dimension when that ****er keeps your own pace all night.
                  Yeah that's true but that could well change when he's in there with by far the best fighter he's ever faced - Martinez.

Martinez has atleast been in there with top level fighters.

But we'll see, will be interesting to see Martinez in there with a guy willing to take three to give one and keep coming and coming and has a vast size advantage.

Still think Martinez will win though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    He does have good stamina, but one day that practice of cutting so much weight will bite him in the ass too.

Comment

Working...
                    X