No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez: I Knew Manny Pacquiao Would Be Wide Open

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marquez: I Knew Manny Pacquiao Would Be Wide Open

MGM Grand, Las Vegas - Juan Manuel Marquez (55-6-1, 40KOs) knocked Manny Pacquiao (54-5-2, 38KOs) out cold in the sixth round of their fourth and likely final battle. Their first fight, in 2004, ended in a twelve round draw, with Pacquiao winning close controversial decisions in 2008 and 2011. [Click Here To Read More]

Why not? Because even though it is no longer what it could've been, the fight with Floyd is still big. Styles make fights. Let's just see if that big vagine decides to step up.

Comment

Funny those who said Pac was caught with something he didn't see coming... nobody see punches coming... that why they KO you!

This was not a lucky punch, this was planned! Part of the strategy from Marquez... the SECOND ONE was the definitive!

The "he didn't see coming", "the lucky punch", "the mistake"... all to keep the career alive.

Huge money this guy moves. Mayweather, Cotto and others also moves a lot of money. Lot of people eat from there! Nothing new here!

Comment

Originally posted by Averiguau View Post
        Funny those who said Pac was caught with something he didn't see coming... nobody see punches coming... that why they KO you!

This was not a lucky punch, this was planned! Part of the strategy from Marquez... the SECOND ONE was the definitive!

The "he didn't see coming", "the lucky punch", "the mistake"... all to keep the career alive.

Huge money this guy moves. Mayweather, Cotto and others also moves a lot of money. Lot of people eat from there! Nothing new here!
        i wouldn't say it was a lucky punch but it's not a planned strategy either

they knew pac would be aggressive but it's not they're gonna execute it within last 10 seconds

JMM got "lucky" with the timing then "execute" a perfect right that ended the bout

Comment

Wow

This fight will go down as one of the most amazing fights of my lifetime. Both hall of fame fighters came in with a strategy that could have worked. Both had the pressure of their respective countries praying their fighter would win. In a fight that I believe Marquez was on his way to getting knocked out in the next two rounds and who was in serious trouble in the sixth round. He never panicked and stuck to his plan,his strategy and history was made. Thank you Pacquiao. Thank you Marquez.

Comment

Boxing is alive again. No more waiting for Pac-Mayweather. Bring on Juan-Bradley then a rematch to the winner.

Although Pac is more eager to fight any of the two, Pac should be content to fight Floyd in the meantime and Floyd should have the courage now. The time is NOW! he can say.

Comment

Originally posted by willybullet View Post
              Why not? Because even though it is no longer what it could've been, the fight with Floyd is still big. Styles make fights. Let's just see if that big vagine decides to step up.
              Floyd is a counter puncher with A+ defense and manny is a aggressive "come forward" type puncher with zero defense. manny has almost no chance to win if you're talking about style. that fight would be like floyd/hatton part 2. and truthfully at this point, any fight that floyd takes is a step down for him.

Comment

I wonder if that Ronnie Nathanielez guy will start all Marquez stories with "Champion Of The Decade" now?

Comment

Lucky punch he was about to get ko

Comment

Working...
                  X