Most Underrated Fighter of All-Time!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Underrated Fighter of All-Time!!

My vote....Aaron Pryor

aaron was an enigma more then anything else. over time, instead of being underrated - he has become overrated.

Comment

not an enigma....no secret what stopped him, a raging cocaine addiction...without that he would have been invincible for 3 or 4 years...leonard was afraid to fight him and Hearns was destroyed by him as a gold glover

Comment

Pryor is slightly underrated, however, that is only by the general public. True boxing fans know how good he was, therefore not being underrated. I think someone like Eder Jofre is the most underrated, as most boxing fans (I do generalise greatly here) don't even know who he was, let alone the public.

Comment

aaron pryor beat tommy hearns when tommy was a 17 year old - whoopty doo!

Comment

Originally posted by Azteca
            aaron pryor beat tommy hearns when tommy was a 17 year old - whoopty doo!
            Nicky Furlano also beat Hearns as an amateur. Tommy had a dismal KO record then. It wasn't until he turned pro that he became a big KO hitter.

Comment

Eder Jofre.

Underrated might be the wrong word to describe him, since everyone who saw him realized how special and great he was; unknown may be a more fitting word. Whenever discussing the greatest fighters of all-time, his name is rarely brought up--if at all. It's a damn shame. Eder Jofre, the greatest bantamweight to ever live, has been described as the 118 pound version of Ray Robinson. And that's no hyperbole. He was that good.

Comment

exactly. i read that when manny started training hearns in the pro's he added alot of leverage and torque to his punching.

Comment

underappreciated would be the best choice of words for pryor.

Comment

Len Harvey for sure,
                    but just before and along with Harvey and just after him are 3 more and ALL of them better than Turpin!

Len Johnson
                    JOCK MCAVOY
                    BERT GILROY

honorable mention to Arthur 'Ginger' Sadd and Jack 'Cast-Iron' Casey.

Comment

Working...
                    X