Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there ever been a European who's a PPV star worldwide?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has there ever been a European who's a PPV star worldwide?

I don't count Lennox Lewis since even he doesn't know who he actually fought for. He fought for Canada in the Olympics. So I'm wondering if there actually is anyone beside Lennox.

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
    I don't count Lennox Lewis since even he doesn't know who he actually fought for. He fought for Canada in the Olympics. So I'm wondering if there actually is anyone beside Lennox.
    Sorry Mate, but I DO count Lewis. He's a West Ham fan. No one would put themselves through that without good reason.

But back on topic I suppose Ricky Hatton was the closest thing.

Before PPV Georges Carpentier was a mega star. His bout against Jack Dempsey had whole newspapers previewing the bout even going so far to say Georges would win because of the shape of his head!!!

Maybe Jimmy Wilde too.

Anyway, the answer is probably only Lennox. And maybe Ricky.

Comment

Not really. We get the fights for free.

Comment

Yea U.K gets damn near all their fights except for a couple exceptions for free. Yea sucks I know, F the U.K for that n

Comment

NAZ?

Comment

Khan, Hatton??

Comment

Originally posted by COYG View Post
              NAZ?
              That's what I was gonna say, but I think he was mainly regular HBO. I think the original question is a little broad. I mean, is there PPV all over the world? I think there are European boxers who have been known worldwide, but I'm not versed to answer the original question.

Comment

good for them that they dont believe in the evil system known as ppv.

Comment

I'm not even sure any major country in Europe have a strong ppv culture.

England, Germany and Scandinavia are mostly free or subscription.
                  France? Spain?

Can't imagine the east having ppv.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X