No announcement yet.

Goossen v. Shaw v. Dibella - most clout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goossen v. Shaw v. Dibella - most clout

I think it's pretty clear Top Rank has the best stable right now, and makes the most money - they are able to make money without "the big two" - showtime and HBO. . . And I think it's also clear that Golden Boy is clearly in second place in finances and talent department. . . With that said, what about these three guys? Where do they fall in the pecking order? Rank Goossen, Shaw, and Dibella in terms of talent in their stables, drawing power, and current financial state.

how do they still manage to get fighters to sign with them? like berto, for example? didn't top rank and GBP pursue him? Same with Rico Ramos? how did goossen get him? What do these second tier promotors bring to the table that persuades some of the better fighters to sign with them rather than golden boy and top rank?

BUMP-age! Discussion!

Comment

This is a very good question that I have no answer to. Don King is also still doing his thing. Gary Shaw's biggest guy is Chad Dawson, Dibella has Martinez, I don't know about Goosen. I guess guys like Berto and Martinez sign with second rated promotions because of simply being impatient. Maybe Top Rank and GBP don't come knocking right away so they sign with those guys. Who knows? But I do know that after a few years or few fights, they look to get out of contracts and sign with the big dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
        This is a very good question that I have no answer to. Don King is also still doing his thing. Gary Shaw's biggest guy is Chad Dawson, Dibella has Martinez, I don't know about Goosen. I guess guys like Berto and Martinez sign with second rated promotions because of simply being impatient. Maybe Top Rank and GBP don't come knocking right away so they sign with those guys. Who knows? But I do know that after a few years or few fights, they look to get out of contracts and sign with the big dogs.
        True - Dong King still has some fighters. . .

I have no idea why they wouldn't be patient off the break, though? certainly they would have advisors and lawyers, etc. . . maybe the second tier promotors manage to pony up more cash somehow?

or maybe top rank and golden boy only will sign them if they agree to REALLY LONG TERM contracts like 6 years/10 fights or something, whereas second tier give them more guaranteed cash up front, a signing bonus, if you will, and only require them to sign 3 year/6 fight type deals

Comment

Working...
        X