No announcement yet.

What's up with Firefox?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with Firefox?

Any one else having trouble with Firefox? I open it and it tells me Firefox crashed. It's been like this for the past couple of days. I'm on Google Chrome but I do not like it at all, it's slower, and when I type it's delayed by a half second. It also feels very clunky and just annoying. Even IE is better than GC.

Chrome slower than Firefox?

It's the other way round for me.

Comment

I had this issue the other day as well. both firefox and chrome were crashing almost instantly.

I restarted my computer and updated firefox. There was an update to firefox last night, which should start when you open firefox. problem is fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Any one else having trouble with Firefox? I open it and it tells me Firefox crashed. It's been like this for the past couple of days. I'm on Google Chrome but I do not like it at all, it's slower, and when I type it's delayed by a half second. It also feels very clunky and just annoying. Even IE is better than GC.

I've never had a problem with Google Chrome it's super fast for me.

Do you have the adblock or adblock plus extentions? you have to have that.

Comment

Originally posted by happyman View Post
          I had this issue the other day as well. both firefox and chrome were crashing almost instantly.

I restarted my computer and updated firefox. There was an update to firefox last night, which should start when you open firefox. problem is fixed.
          Firefox won't even open. I click on the Firefox icon and get the crash report.

Comment

Firefox won't even open. I click on the Firefox icon and get the crash report.
            try running firefox in safe mode, or reset firefox, maybe the update is making it crash

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/...x-in-safe-mode

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
              I've never had a problem with Google Chrome it's super fast for me.

Do you have the adblock or adblock plus extentions? you have to have that.
              I had that for FF, but I just got it now for GC, let's see.

Comment

Originally posted by happyman View Post
                try running firefox in safe mode, or reset firefox, maybe the update is making it crash

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/...x-in-safe-mode
                Ran it in safe mode yesterday, still just sent me straight to the crash report. Then I removed FF from my computer, and downloaded it again, still does the same thing. This has never happened before.

Comment

Hello Kev, what do you use for an antivirus program? ask because many antivirus programs, create an internal proxy that can cause instability

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                    Hello Kev, what do you use for an antivirus program? ask because many antivirus programs, create an internal proxy that can cause instability
                    None. If I have a problem I run Malware-bytes, TDSS killer, or Rkill. I have "Super Anti Spyware free edition", but it's off. As far as antivirus programs that prevent my PC from getting viruses, I have nothing for that.

Comment

Working...
                    X