Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will happen with Guillermo 'El Chacal' Rigondeaux?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will happen with Guillermo 'El Chacal' Rigondeaux?

I think it's pretty safe to say this guy has elite talent, despite not being given the opportunity to truly showcase it against top-quality opposition. But will he even be given many opportunities like that?

Obviously Donaire's been ducking this dude for a while now and I can't see him getting in the ring with him anytime soon either (hope I'm wrong). El Chacal's name recognition is obviously very small and so it's high risk, low reward for anybody who fights him unless they have literally nothing to lose.

It's a shame because I see this guy basically just being an underrated fighter his whole career and not ever getting any widespread recognition. He's already 31, he needs that big break soon. What about you guys? Is there any hope?
    Last edited by samouraļ; 12-18-2012, 05:55 PM.

I wonder how much he'll take before he gets mad at Arum

Comment

He'll probably get fights with Molitor, Shimoda, Ndlovu, and guys like that. Only when Donaire is out of the division will he get bigger fights.

Comment

It's fucked up, all I can really say.

Comment

does Mares want any of him?

Comment

He'll probably get sparked out.. I wouldn't be surprised if I could knock him out in a sparring session

Comment

Unlike Maniac, I think Rigo will continue to beat the hell out of, and out-class anybody that is put in the ring with him. If he keeps fighting like he has a chip on his shoulder, taking everybody out and embarrassing them one by one, there's absolutely no way that those in or around his division will be able to ignore him.
              Last edited by kiaba360; 06-20-2012, 08:46 PM.

Comment

he already 31? he's a loser then.. you got the skills but never made fame for yourself.. its his fault.. he should've taken every opportunity he had... and bang everyone out.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                  he already 31? he's a loser then.. you got the skills but never made fame for yourself.. its his fault.. he should've taken every opportunity he had... and bang everyone out.

......he's Cuban, its different

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                    he defected in 2009 and has had 10 professional bouts, got a major world title in his 9th fight against one of the only dudes that were willing to fight him at 122...all while calling out everyone from Nishioka to Nonito Donaire, wtf are u talking about?

enlighten us with the opportunities Rigondeaux has passed up

Comment

Working...
                    X