No announcement yet.

Ref did a terrible job in the Khan fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ref did a terrible job in the Khan fight

And no Im not talking about the point deductions.

He gave terrible warnings to both fighters,
    I couldn't tell if he was breaking or not because he would step in with his arm and then jump out for no reason.
    He didn't look confident at all.
    He got in the way a lot, just look at round one for example.
    He was very contradicting

this ref is worse the cortez

I dunoo you know, it's a close one between him and Cortez. But hey, you put an American ref in there with an American boxer on American soil against a non-American, what you expect?
    2 American judges aswell, f***ery, pure f***in madness im tellin yah. And guess which judges scored it 113-112 for Peterson!!!

Comment

Pushing is not allowed in boxing just like shots to the groin, these are intelligent men they dont need to be told REPEATLEY the blatant rules of boxing

quit whining

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Training View Post
        Pushing is not allowed in boxing just like shots to the groin, these are intelligent men they dont need to be told REPEATLEY the blatant rules of boxing

quit whining
        All that needs to be said.

There will obviously be some objections from the supposed boxing fan with Rocky Balboa in his avatar though........

Comment

quit whining
          Neither is crouching and going in with your head, or putting someone's forearm in the fighters face and punching with the other hand. Pushing someone to the ropes is also not allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
            Neither is crouching and going in with your head, or putting someone's forearm in the fighters face and punching with the other hand. Pushing someone to the ropes is also not allowed.
            I never said the rules of boxing were limited to pushing and groin shots. Khan was pushing Peterson's head down which is not allowed as well as pushing off with the elbow

Comment

1. There are no rules against leaning on your opponent.

2. There are no rules against having your head in front of your body (otherwise every inside fighter everywhere would be screwed)

3. Crouching is not against the rules unless you crouch below you opponents waist. Peterson didn't do that.

Stop the crying already and at least learn the rules.

Just because Khan made BS excuses doesn't mean you should run around repeating them. It only makes you look just as bad/sour/immature/deluded.

Comment

I never said the rules of boxing were limited to pushing and groin shots. Khan was pushing Peterson's head down which is not allowed as well as pushing off with the elbow
                Also that KD was actyally a complete elbow push into the ropes when Peterson was off balance. Not a KD at all. The first was definitely a slip and the ref was correct. I thought he did a good kob, not jumng in wvery time the fighters got close like Joe Cortez, but was coming in to say to fight on, so that they were not being entangled for clinches too much. He interfered as little as possible.

I thought he did a very good job, and was perfectly correct in taking that second point away. Khan pushed Peterson away very strongly. As the ref was coming in to either take the point away or warn Khan, Kahn took a quick look at him and deliberately let go an uppercut. He deserved the loss of the point. He may have felt he was losing a point anyway and decided to get a bit of satisfaction from it.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X