Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather: "Do I want to test the waters and one day fight at 160? Yes"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather: "Do I want to test the waters and one day fight at 160? Yes"

Doubt it happens. If Floyd actually fought Sergio at 160 lbs, I don't see how anyone could say he's avoiding Pacquiao at 147. Still, it has probably about a 1% chance of happening.

Comment

Comedian, do you work for Floyd Mayweather in ANY capacity?
      Are you related to the Mayweathers?

Be honest, your just a corporate shill.

Comment

Translation - If the "right" opponent has a world title, then he might do it.

Comment

I have no doubt that he will move up to 160 before he retires....

Right now, nobody 154 and below beats him so he needs to move up anyway for a REAL challenge as all his critics keep begging him to take. Skill wise, nobody will challenge him as I always said size is what beats Floyd.....

Comment

Imagine a Floyd Martinez fight. That would be nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post

Right now, nobody 154 and below beats him so he needs to move up anyway for a REAL challenge as all his critics keep begging him to take. Skill wise, nobody will challenge him as I always said size is what beats Floyd.....
              how do you see Mayweather-Martinez playing out?

Comment

I don't think he'll ever fight above 154.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post

I highly doubt Floyd will ever fight at 160. I hate when I hear people say "Leonard fought at 160, why can't Floyd???". Floyd is MUCH smaller than Ray, Floyd started at 130. So, if Floyd were to go to 160 and beat Sergio Martinez, it'd have to go down as one of the greatest wins of all-time. If Floyd-Sergio does happen, which is still unlikely, it'd happen at 154, which is good. If Floyd were to fight Sergio at 154, I don't see how anyone could say he's afraid of Manny Pacquiao at 147.

Still, highly doubt Floyd fights Sergio at 154, but at least it's sort of possible. But Floyd vs. Sergio at 160.....no way that happens. The only way I see Floyd going to 160 eventually is if someone like Peter Quillin upset Sergio along the way, and than Floyd went up there to fight Quillin or something.

Floyd is too small for 154 really, and at 160, he'd be tiny.

Floyd would lose to Sergio at 160, and Sergio would get ZERO credit for that win, because it was a tiny Mayweather fighting him at 160 lbs. If Sergio were to beat Floyd at 154, where he's fought before, he'd at least get mad credit for beating Floyd.
                  Last edited by 4Corners; 03-04-2012, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                    I highly doubt Floyd will ever fight at 160. I hate when I hear people say "Leonard fought at 160, why can't Floyd???". Floyd is MUCH smaller than Ray, Floyd started at 130. So, if Floyd were to go to 160 and beat Sergio Martinez, it'd have to go down as one of the greatest wins of all-time. If Floyd-Sergio does happen, which is still unlikely, it'd happen at 154, which is good. If Floyd were to fight Sergio at 154, I don't see how anyone could say he's afraid of Manny Pacquiao at 147.

Still, highly doubt Floyd fights Sergio at 154, but at least it's sort of possible. But Floyd vs. Sergio at 160.....no way that happens. The only way I see Floyd going to 160 eventually is if someone like Peter Quillin upset Sergio along the way, and than Floyd went up there to fight Quillin or something.

Floyd is too small for 154 really, and at 160, he'd be tiny.
                    ****ing lol!!

Comment

Working...
                    X