No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Merchant: Khan Fought Out of Control, Paid The Price

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Merchant: Khan Fought Out of Control, Paid The Price

So harrowing was Danny Garcia’s 4th round TKO upset over Amir Khan this past weekend, that the boxing world still hasn’t stopped dissecting it. Inside of the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, a sweeping counter left hook from Garcia would drop Khan to the floor, as the British star saw referee Kenny Bayless wave the fight off in following rounds after two more knockdowns.

[Click Here To Read More]

Garcia wins and its almost all about Khan.

smh.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
      Garcia wins and its almost all about Khan.

smh.
      HBO just trying to protect their investment and keep khan relevant since he has an established fanbase that supports him locally and travels.

Comment

It is true, he got hit with some counters in the first couple of rounds, and a couple whizzed by his head but he didn't learn. Great fighters learn. His jab was extremely fast and accurate but he rarely used it, Garcia told him what he was going to do, and what would happen, but still he he came out fists flying and didn't heed the warnings.

He is just a dumb fighter, all heart, no brains. As a trainer giving a fighter instructions and a game plan before the fight is one thing, but he must be able to make adjustments himself, especially at this level. Khan just fights harder as he doesn't know how to make adjustments mid fight.

Comment

There is a new ring champion at 140. Lets start finding him some opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            There is a new ring champion at 140. Lets start finding him some opponents.
            How would you feel about a december fight from Philly, Floyd mayweather vs Danny Garcia at 140 lbs?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              How would you feel about a december fight from Philly, Floyd mayweather vs Danny Garcia at 140 lbs?
              At 140?? Are you sure??

Comment

At 140?? Are you sure??
                I meant 147. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  I meant 147. My bad.
                  I don't like it.

Comment

I don't like it.
                    I knew you wouldn't. But floyd/garcia on HBO, not ppv, seems like a perfect out of jail fight, given what Danny just did. Unless of course the rumors that floyd is going to showtime for 1 fight are true, then it would make sense for showtime to do it as a ppv, which wouldn't be right.

Comment

Working...
                    X