Is B-Hop "Da greatest ****in champ of our era"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is B-Hop "Da greatest ****in champ of our era"

..as quoted by Ra.

I never thought about that until he said it, but I have to agree. Nobody has fought the amount of top opponents b-hop has, and if he fights and beats Dawson and 175, then it's definantly a rap.

People say he has only beat little guys, but fail to mention that he has over 20 MW championship defenses (most of anyone in the 2nd greatest division of alltime behind HW). In those 20 plus defenses he has fought all the top guys at middleweight; It was only until he unified the titles and there was no other big names left, that he faced smaller guys that moved up to challenge him. Haglar did the same with Hearnes and Leonard..and is what any champ does once he has cleaned out their division.

The other reason I agree is because B-hop is always taking stylistic matchups that are considered nightmares for his style.

Guys like:
    Pavlik
    Calzaghe
    Tarver

and others. These are all guys I thought were risky fights in which bernard could have easily avoided. All of these younger guys can learn a lesson or two from Bernard about what it is to be a champion.
    Last edited by Khalid X; 10-31-2009, 12:41 PM.

Maybe he has a very strong case but then at the end of the day it's all opinion... But what B-Hop did to Trinidad, De La Hoya, and Pavlik... Quite amazing

Comment

In my opinion, Yes!

Comment

I like RJJ better than Bhop...

Comment

**** no, you cant be serious

Comment

3 way.......BHOP, PAC, and PBF.................

Comment

between BHop, Pac, and Tye Fields.

Comment

I believe so. One thing Hopkins fought everybody he was in a possition to fight. Even fights that weren't given to him like Calzaghe, he didn't have to take, but aimed to further his legacy.

Comment

He's definitely one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                    I believe so. One thing Hopkins fought everybody he was in a possition to fight. Even fights that weren't given to him like Calzaghe, he didn't have to take, but aimed to further his legacy.
                    Unlike Pacquiao, B-Hop faced every style.

Comment

Working...
                    X