Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't Get Tired AT ALL while training?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Get Tired AT ALL while training?

I used to get so tired after my workout, which was very light. but after i started doing my roadwork my stamina increased so much that i dont even get tired during my workout. it might be because of the padwork, normally the trainer goes pretty fast, like [jab, jab, jab, jab, 1 2, 1 2, 1 2, 123, 123, jab jab jab cross hook] but my trainer does it REAL ****ING SLOW. like [......jab.......jab.......jab.....jab.....jab..... jab.....jab.....12.....] theres that long ass interval everytime i throw punches or combinations. it doesnt tire me so much that i can hit the bag almost forever after the pad work, or even before for that matter. also if i hit the sandbag always, a so called "dent" appears and i always tend to throw my punches at the spot. any tips for a harder workout?

Originally posted by moneymayforever View Post
    I used to get so tired after my workout, which was very light. but after i started doing my roadwork my stamina increased so much that i dont even get tired during my workout. it might be because of the padwork, normally the trainer goes pretty fast, like [jab, jab, jab, jab, 1 2, 1 2, 1 2, 123, 123, jab jab jab cross hook] but my trainer does it REAL ****ING SLOW. like [......jab.......jab.......jab.....jab.....jab..... jab.....jab.....12.....] theres that long ass interval everytime i throw punches or combinations. it doesnt tire me so much that i can hit the bag almost forever after the pad work, or even before for that matter. also if i hit the sandbag always, a so called "dent" appears and i always tend to throw my punches at the spot. any tips for a harder workout?
    This shouldn't really happen if your pushing yourself hard enough, especially on a heavybag and or sparring. i run 5-6 miles after training 5 times a week at a good pace (9m/h) and after 7-8 rounds on a heavy bag and then sparring im pretty buggered..
    Just make sure your putting everything into your training and ask your trainer to pace up a bit

Comment

i used to be the same way, i dont remember ever getting tired of hitting the heavybag niether

but that was back then, im pretty sure it was before i was even in that good a shape, im not sure why i dont have that stamina anymore(although i am fairly outta shape compared to then, im not actually outta shape)

only difference i remember was i used to sweat a sht load, lookin like i came out from the shower
      and now, not so much

now, if you want to get tired and improve, lift, either weights, or bodyweight(pullups, pushups etc)
      i used to have to finish my workouts with pushups till failure because throwing punches never tired me enough
      and after the pushups usually throw one last powerful and fast flurry at the heavybag while maintaining proper technique just to kill my arms a little more

Comment

i know its wierd right, like for example when i skip rope skip as fast as i can on the last 30 second of the round, and i repeat that for 3~5 rounds. i even hit the heavy bag as hard as i can for 8~10 rounds and nothing happens. i get just a little bit out of breath (probably because i dont breathe when i punch) after the pad work but for some reason, when i start hitting the bag after that im good as normal :-/ ill be increasing my pace from september, hopefully that'll do any good.

Comment

you need to make slight alterations to your work-out. if you do the same things over and over your body becomes accustomed to what you are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post

only difference i remember was i used to sweat a sht load, lookin like i came out from the shower
            and now, not so much
            this is me. completely soaked.

Comment

haha I can't take a walk with out my face dripping with sweat lol.

Comment

lol i always sweat like balls when or after my workout. but my heart rate doesn't go up :-/

Comment

You've never sparred huh? Im pretty sure you're not working hard or you just have infinite stamina.
                  I can work the bags and do all my gym work with out breathing hard but its only because Im not working hard enough(i never slack off).
                  When I hit the bags I try to rip them off of the chain theyre held up by even though its pretty much impossible but I seriously try. pretty much everything I do I do it at my capacity while still trying to push alil harder every time. ex. today i ran 4 miles in 30 min tomorrow i will try to do it under 30 even if its 29min59sec.
                  Last edited by putaloco; 08-29-2011, 12:02 PM.

Comment

hmm... yeah i never sparred, and i don't know how to throw like uppercuts or right hooks yet so i just throw every punch i know on the bag at a quite fast pace, but still... i think sparring before everything affects your stamina?

Comment

Working...
                    X