Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing people: I dont think that he is BUT...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing people: I dont think that he is BUT...

Roy Jones Jr. does have a good argument for greatest of all time!

My vote for GOAT is Sugar Ray Leonard.

Based on what exactly? He is maybe the greatest natural athlete to ever lace them up and has a very good resume but not the greatest ever.

Comment

I think Roy Jones in his prime loses to nobody at all. Nobody in the history of the sport beats Roy Jones Jr in a 12 round boxing match.

Pound 4 pound, Robinson, Lamotta, Ali, Duran, Leonard, Hearns, Hagler, Whitaker, Mayweather Jr, Hopkins(lol), Toney(lol).

Even the guys who beat him, Tarver, Johnson, Calzaghe, Lebedev, Green, they wouldn't beat a prime Jones. A past prime Jones eeked out a decision against Tarver.

*lol=He beat them already.

Comment

I hate these threads

If you're going to say greatest fighter ever, then you have to point at who he beat.. and while I do think he has a great, often underrated resume... it certainly isn't the best resume ever.

If you want to talk about fantasy p4p 1 on 1 matchups... then he is in the discussion without a doubt.. as Kev stated.

Comment

When Roy was green at 154, that green version of him at 154 would beat prime versions of De La Hoya, Mosley, Trinidad, Forrest, Wright, Mayweather Jr, Martinez, Lara, Pacquiao, Cotto, Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            I think Roy Jones in his prime loses to nobody at all. Nobody in the history of the sport beats Roy Jones Jr in a 12 round boxing match.

Pound 4 pound, Robinson, Lamotta, Ali, Duran, Leonard, Hearns, Hagler, Whitaker, Mayweather Jr, Hopkins(lol), Toney(lol).

Even the guys who beat him, Tarver, Johnson, Calzaghe, Lebedev, Green, they wouldn't beat a prime Jones. A past prime Jones eeked out a decision against Tarver.

*lol=He beat them already.
            I do agree with you Kev but potential and ability has nothing to do with ATG status, that is all about wins against who and how good were they when said fighter defeated them.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              When Roy was green at 154, that green version of him at 154 would beat prime versions of De La Hoya, Mosley, Trinidad, Forrest, Wright, Mayweather Jr, Martinez, Lara, Pacquiao, Cotto, Margarito.
              OSDH & Mosley yes... Forrest is a tough one. Wright & Floyd @ 154 Yes. Pac Cotto and Margarito would be one sided as ever.

Comment

Greatest Head to Head fighter, but not the greatest accomplished fighter. Top 20.

Comment

Jones with 8 fights, was very similar to Rigondeaux, experience-wise. He had 8 fights but can beat the hell out of any veteran or prime fighter. He was head and shoulders above everyone else even as an "untested" version of him.

Lol, I kind of exaggerate with prime Roy, but most of what I say would probably end up being true if it had happened.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                    OSDH & Mosley yes... Forrest is a tough one. Wright & Floyd @ 154 Yes. Pac Cotto and Margarito would be one sided as ever.
                    Jones would have made Forrest look foolish. He got outboxed by Ike for god's sake lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X