No announcement yet.

Micky Walker claims to of sparred archie moore back in 1927

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micky Walker claims to of sparred archie moore back in 1927

Was reading through a old boxing news with a achie moore article in, there is a part about a sparring encounter he has with mickey walker back in 1927! archie was around in the 20's?

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
    Was reading through a old boxing news with a achie moore article in, there is a part about a sparring encounter he has with mickey walker back in 1927! archie was around in the 20's?

I don't know about 1927, but the possibility they sparred is there since their careers over lapped. Walker had his last fight just months after Moore turned pro in 1935. I've never heard this before but I guess there was a chance of it.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

I don't know about 1927, but the possibility they sparred is there since their careers over lapped. Walker had his last fight just months after Moore turned pro in 1935. I've never heard this before but I guess there was a chance of it.
      walker said moore as a amateur at the time

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
        walker said moore as a amateur at the time
        Well Moore would have been 11 in 1927 so that seems very unlikely. I suppose it could have happened, but I never heard it before and can't find anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          Well Moore would have been 11 in 1927 so that seems very unlikely. I suppose it could have happened, but I never heard it before and can't find anything about it.
          no jabs moore was 4 years older than what he said he was, and its in a boxing article wriiten in the boxing news,
          Last edited by Joey Giardello; 01-08-2011, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Boxing News magazine did report that Walker said he had sparred Moore back in 1927. The issue was released in 1995 and was said during a article on Archie.

Comment

Working...
            X