Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Froch vs Yusaf Mack look "strange" to you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Froch vs Yusaf Mack look "strange" to you?

I like Froch and I don't wanna say anything bad about him. 90 % of me thinks he won a legit fight yesterday and had a nice win. but there are 10 % in me that think everything looked a little bit strange....as if Mack was kinda "paid to lose". The first knockdown looked strange (it looks as if "only" a glancing blow landed) and the end of the fight also looks a little bit strange. And no, I didn't say the fight was fixed, I just felt Mack was "willing to go down". I know Mack lost all his big fights and also gets knocked out from time to time, BUT: fact is Mack fought at lightheavyweight and went down in weight so seeing him getting bullied by Froch in that kind of manner looks...strange.
    And the other thing is that Froch knocked NOBODY OUT in his last 6 fights apart from the Bute KO.
    I'm not saying Mack took a dive cause he would have lost anyways. But whatever.
    Maybe I am totally wrong with how I saw the fight.

Froch went about his business as usual but Mack had no interest in fighting and got out as quick as possible
    To me it seemed like Tyson vs Seldon

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
      I like Froch and I don't wanna say anything bad about him. 90 % of me thinks he won a legit fight yesterday and had a nice win. but there are 10 % in me that think everything looked a little bit strange....as if Mack was kinda "paid to lose". The first knockdown looked strange (it looks as if "only" a glancing blow landed) and the end of the fight also looks a little bit strange. And no, I didn't say the fight was fixed, I just felt Mack was "willing to go down". I know Mack lost all his big fights and also gets knocked out from time to time, BUT: fact is Mack fought at lightheavyweight and went down in weight so seeing him getting bullied by Froch in that kind of manner looks...strange.
      And the other thing is that Froch knocked NOBODY OUT in his last 6 fights apart from the Bute KO.
      I'm not saying Mack took a dive cause he would have lost anyways. But whatever.
      Maybe I am totally wrong with how I saw the fight.
      You're totally wrong with how I saw the fight

Comment

No.

Mack tripped on the first knock down, it was a glancing shot mixed with a tangle of legs. From then on Froch walked through him, Mack realised he wasn't up for it and then got crushed with a monster body shot.

Andre Ward did the same thing to Chad Dawson who moved down, did that look strange? Ward is not a puncher yet dropped Dawson several times...it happens.

Comment

Knocked out from time to time? Try every time he's lost Mack is well known to be chinny Froch is known to have heavy hands.

The first knock down there legs were tangled, you could tell the body shots were bothering him from the first one that landed.

Coming off the toughest run of opponents in boxing, pays Yusaf Mack to take a dive? Does not compute.
          Last edited by -Lowkey-; 11-18-2012, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Nope, nothing strange to me...Yusaf coming down wouldnt have helped him at all, He was in a tough atmosphere just like Bute was, He was hit with a vicious bodyshot (Twice) so nah...

Comment

Nothing dodgy about it whatsover.

Froch knocked him out with a devastating bodyshot. Fighters do get taken out like that you know..

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
                Knocked out from time to time? Try every time he's lost Mack is well known to be chinny Froch is known to have heavy hands.

The first knock down there legs were tangled, you could tell the body shots were bothering him from the first one that landed.

Coming off the toughest run of opponents in boxing, pays Yusaf Mack to take a dive? Does not compute.
                this right here thread/

Comment

Nah nothing wrong with that fight, he just struggled with Froch's power from the first shot that landed. Even jabs wer backing him up and he knew after those body shots it was only gonna get worse.

Mismatch - how did he earn a title shot again?

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post

This isn't true.

Comment

Working...
                    X