No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Makes His Case To Retain Amir Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Makes His Case To Retain Amir Khan

Over the years, British promoter Frank Warren has built some of the biggest names in the UK. Some of those names broke away in nasty fashion; including Joe Calzaghe, Naseem Hamed and Ricky Hatton. Amir Khan is the latest British fighter to establish his own promotional company and there are rumors that he leave Warren to sign a promotional deal in America. Sources in the United Staes have reported for weeks that Khan has been shopping around for a promotional deal with either Top Rank or Golden Boy Promotions. [Click Here To Read More]

This article is from Sky Sports. http://www.skysports.com/khan/story/...853683,00.html

Khan is due to make the second defence of his title against Marcos Maidana of Argentina.

The fight has gone to purse bids and more details will be confirmed next week, with Warren confident Khan can deliver again.

Warren says "We couldn't agree terms (for the fight) and we'll see what happens next week with it," he added.

"It's a tough fight for him but he's capable. Over the last 12 months he's turned into a different fighter."

There you go people, I get the impression that Khan is not going to vacate

Comment

warren is telling him.. I wont feed you to the lions...

Comment

Warren signed Khan after he won a gold medal at the Olympic Games in Athens six years ago.
        He won silver medal, lost to Kindelan in finals.

Comment

What ever happened to some good old fashioned loyalty? Warren has done for Khan what no promoter could have done after the Prescott loss. That was some of the best match making ever. And now he is gonna throw it back in his face and **** off to America.

Mind you, Maidana will spark him and that will be the last we here of the tit anyhow!

Warren, my advice: **** Khan, let him go.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            Over the years, British promoter Frank Warren has built some of the biggest names in the UK. Some of those names broke away in nasty fashion; including Joe Calzaghe, Naseem Hamed and Ricky Hatton. Amir Khan is the latest British fighter to establish his own promotional company and there are rumors that he leave Warren to sign a promotional deal in America. Sources in the United Staes have reported for weeks that Khan has been shopping around for a promotional deal with either Top Rank or Golden Boy Promotions. [Click Here To Read More]
            The problem with Warren is his risk tolerance is too low and fighters dont make much money with him.In more than 14yrs all Warren could make Calzaghe was less than £18m.Calzaghe made more than £10m in his last 2 fights without Warren all within 12 months.

If you check Hatton was still fighting for £400k and made his first £1m a fight when he left Warren.Hatton went on to make a lot of money without Warren.The guy was filling the MEN arena and fighting on ppv and still getting £400k,it's pointless to stay with a fellow when you can maximise returns somewhere else.
            Last edited by Amadla Ngawethu; 01-11-2010, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by liamsanti55 View Post
              What ever happened to some good old fashioned loyalty? Warren has done for Khan what no promoter could have done after the Prescott loss. That was some of the best match making ever. And now he is gonna throw it back in his face and **** off to America.

Mind you, Maidana will spark him and that will be the last we here of the tit anyhow!

Warren, my advice: **** Khan, let him go.
              Many expected Khan's departure from Warren to happen sooner or later. There were signs of trouble in the post-fight interview of the Khan vs Salita fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxCleva View Post
                Many expected Khan's departure from Warren to happen sooner or later. There were signs of trouble in the post-fight interview of the Khan vs Salita fight.
                explain what "signs of trouble" you saw....

Comment

Khan has always had ambition and hunger. He was talking of big fights at 135 when he was only 15-0 and that made people hate him. People also hated how confident he was and when he lost, it gave a lot of them big smiles.

I like Khan and will support him. He is now a man turning 23 and will have to start giving big names for real respect.
                  I hope he can succeed and leave Warren if it has to be done for the big names.

He should avoid GBP and stay with someone like Arum IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Amadla Ngawethu View Post
                    The problem with Warren is his risk tolerance is too low and fighters dont make much money with him.In more than 14yrs all Warren could make Calzaghe was less than £18m.Calzaghe made more than £10m in his last 2 fights without Warren all within 12 months.

If you check Hatton was still fighting for £400k and made his first £1m a fight when he left Warren.Hatton went on to make a lot of money without Warren.The guy was filling the MEN arena and fighting on ppv and still getting £400k,it's pointless to stay with a fellow when you can maximise returns somewhere else.
                    Great post.If I knew how to do the Greenie thing I would give you the Green. If you want it PM me and show me how to do it. But your post was spot on.

Comment

Working...
                    X