No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Opponent Selected, Announcement Coming

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather Opponent Selected, Announcement Coming

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer has advised BoxingScene.com that a big announcement is coming shortly, regarding the disclosure of who Floyd Mayweather Jr. (43-0, 26KOs) will be fighting on May 4th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

The opponent has been selected and the contracts are in the process of being finalized, says Schaefer.

"We are working on the contracts. We had conference calls with our lawyers yesterday and today. All parties who are participating [on May 4] have agreed, and now the attorneys are working on the contracts...drafts are circulating. We hope that we are able to announce something by the end of this week or early next week. The contracts are being finalized and obviously I don't want to go and announce something without signed contracts. An announcement is imminent," Schaefer told BoxingScene.com. [Click Here To Read More]

Paulie vs Floyd

Comment

Does it take this long to cherry pick an opponent? :ANYWORD:

Comment

Sure took them a log @ss time.

My guess is because the undercard will be worthy of being its own event.

Comment

Who does Mayweather think he's fooling, it's obviously Guerrero.

Comment

:wank:
            Guerrero yawn.

Comment

Their plan to let the Mayweather /Pacquiao buzz die down worked like a charm. Floyd can sleep better now. But will forever be the man who ran from Pacquaio

Comment

I kept saying its going to be Guerrero but reading that for some reason it just seemed like they maybe hinting to Mayweather Canelo putting them both on the main event is the only way they can get them on the card.

Comment

So we know it wont be Bradley......

At this point its only two logical options.... The only suspense there is is which one comes first

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                    So we know it wont be Bradley......

At this point its only two logical options.... The only suspense there is is which one comes first
                    Lol, I actually think that its a good chance it is Bradley or Marquez.
                    But we will see

Comment

Working...
                    X