• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dos Santos is pissed...

News
    Back to News Index
    30/12/10 - Dos Santos frustrated, questioning how Cain got injured

Brazilian forum Portal Vale Tudo kept in touch with Junior dos Santos right after the news about Cain Velasquez’s injury came up. The heavyweight prospect is frustrated and disappointed, as you can read his own words (translated by Fighters Only from the original Portuguese):

"I'm really outraged. How does a person leaves a fight versus Brock Lesnar in perfect physical condition and then get hurt without being in training? The last news I heard about Velasquez, he was riding in Mexico. How did he get injured?" he questioned.

"I'm in the best moment of my career, training heavily and working hard to put on the fight of my life, and all of a sudden, this is postponed for eight months. That's unfair.

“I'm five months without fighting, fighting is my life, not just because I love doing it, but also because I need to fight for a living. I don't make as much money as the top fighters, so I really need to work" said Cigano who expects Dana White to put him to dispute an interim belt.

"Of course it would be fantastic to face Velasquez at 'UFC Rio', in August, but I can't keep myself one year away from the Octagon only waiting for his recovering… so I do think what would be most fair, would be Dana gives me the opportunity to fight for an interim belt".

Despite the bad news, Dos Santos plans to go to Rio de Janeiro to help Anderson Silva in his preparation against Vitor Belfort. He doesn't intend to alter his schedule either.

"I'm 100% focused to conquest this belt and nothing will take out my focus from my objective. I'm going to Rio on Jan 5th and will remain there helping Anderson for at least a week. It'll be an amazing bout,” he said.

“Vitor is more explosive and looks the fight a lot while Anderson plays more intelligently, bringing the adversary to his game. I'd say this is 60% for Anderson and 40% for Belfort.”

Eduardo Cruz

Fighters Only Brasil
    http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.u...le.php?id=5865
Working...
X