Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is andre wards style off putting and could it prevent him being a super star???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is andre wards style off putting and could it prevent him being a super star???

is wards messing and spoiling style uninteresting and would a different more fan friendly style get him more fans??? i like watching defensive fighters and admire the skill it takes to fight that way but non-hardcore fans dont fing his or similar styles like hopkins exciting???? what do u think????

Its already has.....

he is unassuming, wins fights controversy free, and is a highly skilled fighter

casual fans are the fans that make superstars and no one will appreciate his style except fellow fighters, purists, and hardcore fans

casual fans wanna see wars, blood, guts, and someone who struggles

Comment

if he continues to dominate, he will get to p4p #1, which will make him a superstar IMO.

his style is abit offputing but o well, he wins every time clearly
      Last edited by Broken Dreams**; 05-31-2012, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        Its already has.....

he is unassuming, wins fights controversy free, and is a highly skilled fighter

casual fans are the fans that make superstars and no one will appreciate his style except fellow fighters, purists, and hardcore fans

casual fans wanna see wars, blood, guts, and someone who struggles
        agree, he is a floyd type fighter that could do with a touch of gatti to help his appeal

Comment

Originally posted by Broken Dreams** View Post
          if he continues to dominate, he will get to p4p #1, which will make him a superstar IMO.

his style is abit offputing but o well, he wins every time.
          yeah agree

Comment

I like watching him, just as I like watching Rigondeaux or Mayweather.
            But as people have said, it's the casual fans that make you big-news. I watched the Ward-Froch fight with some friends and enjoyed the whole thing (even as a Froch fan) as it's rare to see someone so skilled, at the top of their game putting on a lesson like that against a tough pro. However my friends thought it was boring as hell! and moaned the whole way through (as no one ever looked hurt or wobbled)
            People want violence. That's why many remember Tyson fondly and Calzaghe with disdain.

Comment

Bro i think you have made threads in 3 days then I have in my boxingscene career

Comment

Originally posted by Broken Dreams** View Post

his style is abit offputing but o well, he wins every time.
                I see him becoming a commodity one day as well. Boring or not I don't think skills of that level can be ignored.

Comment

I think he's going to become a superstar in the near future. He's a clean cut, well spoken family man with an Olympic Gold Medal. Everytime he fights in Oakland he draws a great crowd despite his "boring" style. The guy just seems to have a ton of charisma and sometimes here in the US that's more important than fighting styles.

Just get him on HBO more often and he'll get more of a national following, IMO.

Comment

Ward is relatively boring, he a dirty fighter, he clinches a lot and spoils a lot too.
                    Lacks the KOs as well.

He seems happy to just fight at home.

If he would take on the big fights away from home it might build his profile a bit more.

Needs to cut out the dirty stuff, and at least try for the KO.

Comment

Working...
                    X