Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people on here like how ABRIL fought??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do people on here like how ABRIL fought??

Yeah he beat Rios easily. But do you guys like his style of fighting?? Me personally, I hate fighters who try and win by points like that. I know Bam Bam is an idiot sometimes and understand how people hate him but he is an exciting fighter who likes to give fans an exciting fight. That being said, Richard Abril is a great technical fighter but his style of fighting is ugly to watch and belongs more in the amateur circuit. So do most people praising Abril like to see him hold and box his way to bigger fights? Not me people his style was very unpleasent to my eyes, im still trying to recover from watching him hild his way to victory. Remember people styles make fights and Abril would make any fighter look bad but do you really like watching that ****t again??
    Last edited by RIZO24; 04-15-2012, 10:21 AM.

Anyone care to explain how they like Abril's style of fighting.

Comment

Didn't like his style either, definitely not a fighter I'd re-watch. Usually don't like when fighters avoid infighting at all costs and don't counter. Abril's game was to hold, smother Rios, then let his punches go after the ref separates them. It all seemed well calculated, it worked to his advantage though and hey...he clearly won, just not enjoyable.
      Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 04-15-2012, 10:37 AM.

Comment

No I hate the way he fought. It was dull boring and there was no technique to it. I'm all for out-boxing somebody (Cloud-Campillo) but the way Abril did it was boring and actually illegal.

Comment

Nope. Thats why I'm not even mad. I would never want to watch him again.

Comment

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
            No I hate the way he fought. It was dull boring and there was no technique to it. I'm all for out-boxing somebody (Cloud-Campillo) but the way Abril did it was boring and actually illegal.
            Agree with you 100 percent!!

Comment

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
              I feel the same exact way, and while i know people are screaming robbery i am glad they didn't reward and encourage that kind of style of boxing. That could seriously destroy this sport if every bum decides to fight like that.

Comment

im a big fan of fighters that are considered "boring" like ward,hopkins and mayweather. i even thought molinas style was OK to watch. abril definitely outboxed rios, but his style is ugly. something about it just seems off i cant put my finger on it

Comment

he looks like a girl when hes fighting. a girl version of the shoulder roll

Comment

I can't believe Ricky Hatton lost to Richard Abril!

Comment

Working...
                    X