No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mathews Stops Crolla in a War; Dickinson Shocks Askin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mathews Stops Crolla in a War; Dickinson Shocks Askin

Sports Centre, Oldham, Lancashire - In a heated clash for the British lightweight title, Derry Mathews (30-6-1, 16KOs) captured gold with a sixth round stoppage of Anthony Crolla (23-3, 9KOs)

[Click Here To Read More]

[QUOTE=BIGPOPPAPUMP;12027818]Sports Centre, Oldham, Lancashire - In a heated clash for the British lightweight title, Derry Mathews (30-6-1, 16KOs) captured gold with a sixth round stoppage of Anthony Crolla (23-3, 9KOs)

great performance from derry. didnt think he had it in him well done

Comment

Great fight. But I thought the stoppage was premature.

Comment

great fight, hopefully they rematch sometime in the not too distant future i wanna watch it again.

credit to both guys, they went to war. and it got messy!

Comment

always knew dickinson would beat askin met him when i had my 1st fight at birtley,top bloke followed him since .his coach ronnie rowe was in my opponents corner there well known club here in the north east very very sucesfull club not surprised at all that him and his brother travis are doing it on the pro scene keep it up lads

Comment

Made up for Derry, as no one gave him a chance in this one but as always he left everything in the ring on fight night.
            The stoppage did seem a-little premature but overall it was a really good fight.

Be interesting to see what comes next for him. Maybe another shot at Rees? A fight against Murray would be good i reckon.

Comment

Working...
            X