No announcement yet.

Just bought my little sister a macbook pro i5 for her birthday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought my little sister a macbook pro i5 for her birthday

It's in near mint condition, 13 inch screen with 500 gigs and a **** ton of other specs I couldn't begin to describe because I'm so technologically impaired when it comes to apple products.
    Anyways I bought it from a buddy who owns a tech shop for about a grand. Did I make a mistake? I've been told it's a verrrry valuable commodity and most teenagers don't walk around with college level notebooks packed with as much content as these macs have on them. She's a bright kid but I don't see her delving into computer engineering or software programming within the next two years of highschool.
    She's also very responsible for her age so I don't think it's treatment will be an issue. Are these things built to fail or do you see her carrying it through HS, College and beyond(career)? Because that was the initial idea but someone mentioned that the programs were extremely difficult to navigate and so forth and actually asked if I would rather swap for an HP Elite in new condition(owner returned unit immediately) and a refund of 150. What do you guys think? Is the macbook pro too much for her?

dat bump ...
    Where all my mac ppl @?

Comment

It is not too much but I would say she is still young to have a macbook pro. and you are right, it might be difficult at the moment for her to navigate the programs. Better to let her start with the basic models. HP Elite would be fine or any other brand that would suit her. Anyway, you'll be getting a brand new one right? So I guess it would be a perfect gift for her rather than a 2nd hand.

Comment

Working...
      X