Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Victor Ortiz the New Fernando Vargas?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Victor Ortiz the New Fernando Vargas?

There are so many parallels between the Ortiz/Mayweather fight and the Vargas/Trinidad fight. In both we had a young, hungry, and inexperienced champion walking into the biggest fight of their lives against probably the best fighter in their weight division. And in each situation the young fighter would get schooled and eventually get brutally knocked out by the more experienced, more talented fighter. In the Vargas fight it would alter the course of his career. But in my opinion Vargas had more heart than Ortiz.

Do you guys think the same will happen to Ortiz?

there was a thread already stating this, like right after the fight. same thing was said about the heart as well. i somewhat agree though, cause ortiz still has a chance to be on top because mayweather and pacquiao will be gone in a few years. the heart thing is still in question though, guys like khan or alvarez might have more will in them to be on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
      There are so many parallels between the Ortiz/Mayweather fight and the Vargas/Trinidad fight. In both we had a young, hungry, and inexperienced champion walking into the biggest fight of their lives against probably the best fighter in their weight division. And in each situation the young fighter would get schooled and eventually get brutally knocked out by the more experienced, more talented fighter. In the Vargas fight it would alter the course of his career. But in my opinion Vargas had more heart than Ortiz.

Do you guys think the same will happen to Ortiz?
      NO. Its possible but Vargas to a brutal 12 round beating from one of the hardest punchers going. Ortiz only went 4 rounds and Floyd has solid power but not Tito type power

Comment

No...............

Comment

What an insult to Vargas to have this mental midget being in the same sentence as a warrior as El Feroz was.

And, really there is no parallel between the two.

Comment

Ortiz didnt need to roids to compete. Question his heart all you want but atleast he got his ass kicking while he was clean. Vargas was a cheater.

Comment

Ortiz was brutally stopped before Mayweather though, unlike Vargas.

Comment

No.

Fernando Vargas is more like Meldrick Taylor. Undefeated young champ who takes on a hard hitting, much more experienced champ who is also undefeated. Both lose by 12th round stoppages in classic bouts. Both never fully recover although they had some decent wins (Taylor more so) and won world titles afterwards.

I'm thinking of a Victor Ortiz parallel. A guy with physical gifts who is basically a headcase weirdo.

Vargas had more heart in the ring. Also technically superior.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                  What an insult to Vargas to have this mental midget being in the same sentence as a warrior as El Feroz was.
                  Completely agree. I was a DLH fan, but comparing Ortiz to Vargas is an insult to Fernando and his ridiculous haircut that all the kids in my middle school copied.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    Completely agree. I was a DLH fan, but comparing Ortiz to Vargas is an insult to Fernando and his ridiculous haircut that all the kids in my middle school copied.
                    LOL....Vargas's haircut alone was enough to make people dislike him.

Too bad he and Tszyu weren't the same division.

Comment

Working...
                    X