Collapse
No announcement yet.

Despite the KO loss, that is the best Pacquiao has looked since the Cotto fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Despite the KO loss, that is the best Pacquiao has looked since the Cotto fight

Even though Pacquiao lost by KO, to me - he showed that he still has it. The ferociousness was there, the speed was there, the power was there. He got caught clean and KOd, it happens. Not sure if that punch will ruin him or not, but despite the outcome, I saw a lot of the Pacquiao that the boxing world fell in love with. He dominated Marquez in that (5th?) round, which was one hell of a round. If you take away the ending, Pacquiao looked great.

Just because a fighter gets KOd, doesn't mean they are done for (although it often times does). The reality is that Pacquiao looked really good up until the stoppage. If he would have been dominated from the beginning of the fight, it would be a different case.

Even though I hated to see Pac go down, this was a GREAT win for Marquez and a GREAT fight for boxing. If they set up a 5th fight it will surely be a legendary fight. To all of those talking bad about Pacquiao - you are idiots. Dude came out, fought like a beast, took risks, got KOd by an ATG, and was CLASSY about it. Quit bashing fighters who are great representatives for the sport!!!

Yeah I agree, I thought he looked great.

I think the less influence Ariza has had in training camp, has had an adverse effect on Pacquiao's core strength. Freddie Roach is too stubborn about it in my opinion. All this talk in the build-up about nutritionist and conditioners being bs, has been clear digs about Ariza, maybe now Roach is feeling silly, but maybe not, because like I said he is stubborn.

Alex Ariza is normally a pretty controversial subject, but the one thing you can say is fighters look better when they utilise his knowledge.

Comment

The was a very prime, focused, cramp free, motivated, Pac's chosen weight ever that Marquez put to sleep.

Case Closed-------- Marquez > Pac

Comment

I thought he looked awesome and was gonna be on his way to knocking out Marquez. Unfortunately for him Marquez caught him slipping before Pac could really capitalize.

Comment

He looked great, but he got KO'd. That's the part that truly sucks. I'm sure, physically he still has it in him, but can he mentally come back? Also, will his chin ever be the same again?

Comment

I forget what round the knockout was but he really only lost the 3rd round because of the knockdown. Even then it was competitive. He came back and knocked him down. He was winning the round he got KTFO. He should have stepped off the gas when he heard the last 10 seconds. Such a shame since it would have been a very good finishing fight if it lasted a little longer.

Either way, Pac should take easy fights to gain some money and then retire. No JMM, No Floyd, etc. Finish off with something like Rios etc. He loses another fight and that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
              The was a very prime, focused, cramp free, motivated, Pac's chosen weight ever that Marquez put to sleep.

Case Closed-------- Marquez > Pac
              What grade did you drop out in?

Originally posted by nj_evoixgsr View Post
              I forget what round the knockout was but he really only lost the 3rd round because of the knockdown. Even then it was competitive. He came back and knocked him down. He was winning the round he got KTFO. He should have stepped off the gas when he heard the last 10 seconds. Such a shame since it would have been a very good finishing fight if it lasted a little longer.

Either way, Pac should take easy fights to gain some money and then retire. No JMM, No Floyd, etc. Finish off with something like Rios etc. He loses another fight and that's it.
              I don't know. I'd rather him retire than take 3 or 4 soft fights. Rios is a good fight to comeback in. An easy win over a pretty good fighter. I think as long as he isn't mentally ruined, then he is still a serious force.

I'd still like to see the Mayweather fight, because if he fought like he did last night - he'd surely give anyone problems. Marquez caught him clean, but lets be real - Marquez was getting the hell beat out of him before he caught Pac.

Depending on how Pacquiao looks in his next fight, I'd like to see Marquez 5 and perhaps Mayweather. One thing that he does NOT need to do is fight Sergio.

Comment

Working...
              X