Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob ARUM Speaks about Shaker Shane MOSLEY: "He was huffing in the 4th round"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob ARUM Speaks about Shaker Shane MOSLEY: "He was huffing in the 4th round"

Arum: Pacquiao-Mosley unlikely after Mora draw

abs-cbnNEWS.com

Posted at 09/20/2010 3:15 PM | Updated as of 09/20/2010 3:28 PM

Yep...just two months ago....

MANILA, Philippines – The possibility of a showdown between “Sugar” Shane Mosley and Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao dimmed because according to the Filipino’s promoter, the American fighter is already past his prime.

Top Rank, Inc. CEO Bob Arum said this after Mosley and Sergio Mora’s fight on Saturday (Sunday in Manila) ended in a draw.

Arum was not able to watch the bout but he kept himself updated on the Mosley-Mora clash.

“What I've read is not very supportive to make any Mosley-Pacquiao bout. Look, he’s going to be 40 and he’s in the lighter weights where speed is so important. He’s on a show with guys (example, 20-year-old Saul Canelo Alvarez) old enough to be his son,” Arum told Michael Marley of Examiner.com.

Arum noted that Pacquiao, 31, will most likely not fight an “aging” 39-year-old Mosley. Pacquiao has a record of 51-3-2 (with 38 knockouts) while Mosley has 46 wins, 6 losses and 1 draw (with 39 knockouts).

“I read them saying Mosley was huffing and puffing for air in the fourth or fifth round,” stated Arum. “To me, that is the real tipoff for an aging fighter. Even Big George Foreman did that in his 40s but he always had that big, big punch like in the (Michael) Moorer fight.”

The Top Rank head honcho even likened Mosley’s situation to that of 45-year-old Bernard Hopkins, who is set to face Jean Pascal in December.

“It’s like Hopkins, he still knows how to fight but who wants to pay to see him now? His fights are not very scintillating. What you see with Hopkins we’re beginning to see with Mosley.”

But Arum cleared that he has no bad blood with Mosley.

“I guess Shane needs the money due to his matrimonial situation (a divorce under harsh California community property rules)… I’ve always considered Shane to be a nice guy but this is what happens to fighters when they age,” he said.
    – With reports from Examiner.com and *********.com

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ley/index.html

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/09...fter-mora-draw

http://www.examiner.com/boxing-in-na...uiao-arum-says

I already posted this same article yesterday.

Like I've been saying all along... Mosley leaving GBP=he is Arum's favorite to fight Pac all of a sudden. Same exact thing would happen with Marquez if he followed suit.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
      I already posted this same article yesterday.

Like I've been saying all along... Mosley leaving GBP=he is Arum's favorite to fight Pac all of a sudden. Same exact thing would happen with Marquez if he followed suit.
      thank you, my brother.

manny's puppets just change stories based on whatever the puppetmaster says that wek.

Comment

Some reporter should quote this to Arum

Comment

Interesting article O_o

Comment

it's not that Arum (or Manny) don't WANT to fight the best competition out there, or even JMM/Berto/Bradley....it's just that they're not Top Rank fighters.

Trust me...if JMM or Berto were with Top Rank...they'd be next in line.
            If Shane is truly leaving GBP, and Arum is free to promote the fight under the TR name and have NOTHING to do with GBP, he's most certainly Pac's next opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
              Some reporter should quote this to Arum
              they can't do that because then they won't get credentialed for other Top Rank fights.

Comment

nobody wants pac vs mosley. nobody but arum.

Comment

very good article haha

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                    nobody wants pac vs mosley. nobody but arum.
                    I read quotes from manny's mouth that he wanted it.

Comment

Working...
                    X