Dela Hoya, PEDs user?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dela Hoya, PEDs user?

tom hauser

"But there is something very simple that Golden Boy can do to set an example. It involves the Golden Boy himself.

Oscar De La Hoya can show the world how a righteous PED-free fighter acts. In order to fully inform the public on the issues involved (and remove any hint of suspicion that he himself might not have clean hands) Oscar should waive his right to confidentiality and authorize the Nevada State Athletic Commission to release the results of any tests for performance enhancing drugs that he has taken in the past. The same waiver should authorize all present and past NSAC personnel and any other person with knowledge of the situation to discuss the test results with any media representative who inquires about them.

I’m not talking about Lidocaine (which Oscar acknowledges having taken when he suffered a cut prior to his 2004 fight against Bernard Hopkins). Nor am I talking about creatine (which Lem Satterfield, then of the Baltimore Sun, authoritatively reported that Oscar incorporated into his training regimen in 1999 when he was preparing to fight Felix Trinidad).

I’m talking about the possibility of something more.

Let me even suggest wording for the waiver that Oscar can make public and send to the Nevada State Athletic Commission:

“I, Oscar De La Hoya, hereby waive all right of confidentiality with regard to the past testing of my blood and urine for steroids and other performance enhancing drugs conducted by or on behalf of the Nevada State Athletic Commission. In that regard, I also authorize all present and past Nevada State Athletic Commission personnel and any other person with knowledge of the situation to speak openly with the media about such testing.”

To paraphrase: “C’mon, Oscar. If you have nothing to hide, then do it. It’s only a piece a paper. Just sign the waiver.”

http://www.secondsout.com/columns?ccs=208&cs=131870

now whadda ya know.... hah
    Last edited by tibbar; 01-26-2010, 11:54 PM.

oh ****

Comment

its getting more interesting...

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=353229
        Oscar should sign the waiver if he has nothing to hide.... but i doubt hell do it, GBP and Team Mayweather are the most hypocrite group in boxing today.

Comment

interesting...

Comment

Working...
          X