No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Klitschko v Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just rewatched Klitschko v Haye

And it wasn't as bad as what I first thought, Wlad won it by a wide margain (116-111) on my card but a lot of the rounds were very close whereby Haye was probably one flurry away from gaining the round. His head movement was very good and he made Wlad look silly at times, Haye just couldn't find away in to hurt Wladimir, size won this fight for Wlad.

I hope they fight again, maybe in 18 months time and with a different set of tactics, who knows? Wlad hit Haye with big shots and he took them well, Haye hit Wlad with big shots and nearly all of them shook him up, he just couldn't back them up with a sustained attack.

I honestly thought HBO were overly critical of it. It was mainly due to Haye talkin so much ****. The gay toe excuses made it so much worse.

Comment

What would make you watch it again?

To be honest if Haye hadn't had hyped it like he did (talking all that smack in the build up) and then come out with that toe excuse afterwards, I don't think there would be such a backlash against him (which at times has been over the top).

A fully fit Haye and who knows what happens. But Vitali is still his best shot at beating a Klitschko.

Comment

I ignore the smack talk, you always knew Haye respected Wladimir, he just done it to sell the fight and make £££. The toe excuse was just heat of the moment stuff, would it have made a difference? A tiny little bit, but not enough for it to be an excuse.

Comment

It was pathetic. Haye didn't do much at all, and Wlad won rounds by landing one or two right hands. One of those close but not close fights to score. Individual rounds might have gone to Haye if he hadn't fought like crap, but he did so Wlad got them.

Comment

I just don't get how people call it a dominant performance.

Haye gave the fight away....didnt even try.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtiz View Post

Seriously. Haye tried for maybe 15 seconds of 2 rounds.

Comment

I think Haye lost heart when the big rights he threw in the first couple of rounds didn't come close to landing. He really seemed to think that was how he was going to win the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtiz View Post

I wouldn't say he didn't try, he couldn't get to Wlad, he's too big and he uses his size and weight very very effectively.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintGeorge View Post
                    I wouldn't say he didn't try, he couldn't get to Wlad, he's too big and he uses his size and weight very very effectively.
                    I agree that it is not easy for anyone to look good against Wlad, but really Haye spent the whole fight running and slipping jabs. That's not trying, it's surviving.

Comment

Working...
                    X