Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saul Alvarez vs Josesito Lopez on CBS?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saul Alvarez vs Josesito Lopez on CBS?

Dan Rafael just said this might happen and De La Hoya yesterday tweeted that "history is near". I dont see what else can be historic other than bringing boxing back on CBS.
    http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...15-sources-say

Great way to introduce boxing to casual fans.... a JMW champion beating down on a JWW

Comment

I hope it is. My showtime trial is running out

Comment

i guess thats cool

Comment

This is the same De La Hoya who thought a major boxing event was him being sober right? Him saying it'll be historic means nothing to me.

Comment

Why is Canelo a champion fighting a guy who just fought at 140 last year?

Comment

Honestly, I dont really care if he fights Lopez, I just want to see boxing on CBS again...then well go from there. And I know that even tho Lopez is undersized, it will be an exciting fight.

Comment

Well I guess that's a positive.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                  This is the same De La Hoya who thought a major boxing event was him being sober right? Him saying it'll be historic means nothing to me.
                  i dont think that was the case. Alot of people keep saying that but I think the major announcement was boxing on NBC sports but he just didnt say it right then because it had been leaked a day or 2 before he was supposed to announce it so he joked around for a sec.

Ill be down with this fight if its on CBS

Comment

Not sure how CBS can afford to pay them. I think Schafer is willing to lose money on this just to spite Arum. But I guess they can thinking of it as a one time investment to advertise Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                    X