No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins Ready For Mayweather: I'll Make 160 by May 3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hopkins Ready For Mayweather: I'll Make 160 by May 3

There wasn't any misinterpretation of his statements from this past Saturday night. IBF light heavyweight champion Bernard Hopkins (53-6-2, 32KOs) is ready and willing to drop down by two weight divisions to face Floyd Mayweather Jr. (45-0, 26KOs) on May 3rd, likely at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Mayweather, regarded as the pound-for-pound king, is the WBC champion at 147-pounds and the WBC/WBA champion at 154-pounds.

Hopkins, who defends his title against mandatory Karo Murat (25-1-1, 15KOs) on October 26th, has not made the middleweight limit since facing Jermain Taylor in a rematch on December 3rd of 2005.

During a Monday night conversation with BoxingScene.com, Hopkins made it clear that his full focus at the moment is stacked on defending his title against Murat - but he is very confident that he can safely drop down to 160-pounds for a Mayweather fight. [Click Here To Read More]

Please God, no. Just, no.

Comment

why doesnt he move up and fight wladimir

Comment

Money barely made a 150 pounds!!!

Comment

I would not be shocked if this fight got made so many angles and storylines for this fight

Comment

Hopkins is in phenomenal shape for a guy his age but dropping to 160 would absolutely ruin him.

For fucks sake, fighters dropping in weight has proven to be disastrous, especially as they get older. Jones, Tarver and DLH should be enough to prevent fighters from doing this.
            Last edited by Derranged; 09-16-2013, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Middleweights, super middleweights, and light heavyweights. All we need now is Klitschko to call him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                I would not be shocked if this fight got made so many angles and storylines for this fight
                I wouldn't be shocked either. I actually wouldn't mind the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by kozone View Post
                  Money barely made a 150 pounds!!!
                  I'd be more concerned about Bernard's health going down to 160 at his age.

Comment

You know what? FUCK IT, make it! Its crazy enough it'll work.

Comment

Working...
                    X