No announcement yet.

Dawson should drop Scully

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dawson should drop Scully

i dont think scully gave dawson the right instructions against hopkins much of the time, dont think he had him fighting the right fight either. not bad but i think someone like steward would be better. he would have dawson keeping his range, standing tall and steppin around hopkins when he charges.

scully is a good trainer but with steward i think dawson wouldve stopped hopkins and become a better fighter in the future. dawson should use his height more and not lean forward so much or move in so close. he shouldnt be flatfooted either, dawson has such great mobility and throws combinations while on the move as good as anyone in boxing.

i think even though scully is doing a good job there are trainers out there that could take dawson to another level, if not steward he would improve greatly under floyd sr again if they could get past their diffrences.

I wonder if there was some way we could summon Scully to this thread...

Comment

I disagree 100% I thought scully did a great job with his instructions last night and the gameplan was about right. Most things are easier said then done against hopkins, it's very difficult to implement any type of gameplan on him even at age 47 so the fighter just has to take what's there and keep his composure which dawson did and scully did a good job between rounds keeping him focused and not falling asleep which is what the old man wanted.

Comment

I think Scully gave Chad proper instruction.

LOL @ The notion that if Dawson had Steward in his corner he would've somehow managed to stop a guy who's never been stopped before, uses footwork extremely well, and is barely ever even caught cleanly.

When's the last time Chad ever imposed his will on anybody?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          I think Scully gave Chad proper instruction.

LOL @ The notion that if Dawson had Steward in his corner he would've somehow managed to stop a guy who's never been stopped before, uses footwork extremely well, and is barely ever even caught cleanly.
          no kidding. I also think there must be a reason why all these fighters keep leaving Steward. Why would anyone want to leave a hall of fame trainer like him? Probably cuz the old man isn't around and only cares about klitschko, idk.

Comment

no, just no

Comment

Dawson won clearly so Scully's Gameplan must of worked...

Comment

By the way, we've been waiting for Chad Dawson to go to "another level" for quite some time now. Regardless of his trainer, I just don't see it happening. He doesn't have killer instinct. At all.

Comment

Do you just enjoy being an asshat?

none of your posts make any sense

Comment

Youre kidding me? I thought Scully's advise was on point almost all of the time.

The problem was Dawson wasnt listening a lot of the time. Drove me crazy, he would get Hopkins in the corner and leaning over, and he wouldnt GO TO THE BODY. dammit. every time he started to the body, he got his best combinations off. argh.

good advice, but Dawson doesnt always listen.

Comment

Working...
                    X