Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Paul Williams, Erislandy Lara Conference Call Transcript

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Paul Williams, Erislandy Lara Conference Call Transcript

DAN GOOSSEN: Paul Williams vs. Erislandy Lara will be in association with Golden Boy Promotions also with my good friends for many years Luis DeCubas and his son Junior. We expect a very competitive fight with two-time world amateur champion Lara, undefeated and now living in Miami, FL. The fight will be at Atlantic City's Boardwalk Hall in the ballroom and Caesars Atlantic City will be our gracious host and thanks to Don Marandino and Ken Condon for the great job they do. Paul has had some great successes there and obviously the loss with Martinez last year coming off the heels of his win against Martinez that was one of the fights-of-the-year in 2009. We've also added Chris Arreola to the event - he will be fighting Friday Abunanya in a 10-round bout. In addition we have a 12-round WBA super bantamweight championship bout - the champion from Japan, Akifumi Shimoda against Rico Ramos, the undefeated No. 1 super bantamweight in the world today.

[Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    DAN GOOSSEN: Paul Williams vs. Erislandy Lara will be in association with Golden Boy Promotions also with my good friends for many years Luis DeCubas and his son Junior. We expect a very competitive fight with two-time world amateur champion Lara, undefeated and now living in Miami, FL. The fight will be at Atlantic City's Boardwalk Hall in the ballroom and Caesars Atlantic City will be our gracious host and thanks to Don Marandino and Ken Condon for the great job they do. Paul has had some great successes there and obviously the loss with Martinez last year coming off the heels of his win against Martinez that was one of the fights-of-the-year in 2009. We've also added Chris Arreola to the event - he will be fighting Friday Abunanya in a 10-round bout. In addition we have a 12-round WBA super bantamweight championship bout - the champion from Japan, Akifumi Shimoda against Rico Ramos, the undefeated No. 1 super bantamweight in the world today.

[Click Here To Read More]
    I wonder what side business PWILL has on the side, he's not retiring anytime soon he said 2 years, then he says 2 more fights.

Comment

Lara says he took his last fight lightly and calls Molina a "very good fighter." What can one expect? "I gave it everything I had and, despite the fact that Carlos is a fairly mediocre fighter, I still needed luck to squeak by on a draw"?

Speaking of draws, Lara then goes on to say that he thought he "clearly won the fight, 6-4." Really? Was that your impression immediately following the match, or did you watch the fight afterwards, Erislandy?
      *Newsflash*: you're probably not as good as you think you are (or as I'd hoped you'd be), so you better fight your heart out against P. Will; otherwise, your career will be relegated to second-tier status right fast.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        Lara says he took his last fight lightly and calls Molina a "very good fighter." What can one expect? "I gave it everything I had and, despite the fact that Carlos is a fairly mediocre fighter, I still needed luck to squeak by on a draw"?

Speaking of draws, Lara then goes on to say that he thought he "clearly won the fight, 6-4." Really? Was that your impression immediately following the match, or did you watch the fight afterwards, Erislandy?
        *Newsflash*: you're probably not as good as you think you are (or as I'd hoped you'd be), so you better fight your heart out against P. Will; otherwise, your career will be relegated to second-tier status right fast.
        i can see lara still being in the 154 mix, he's got time to make a statement. win or lose, fighting someone like williams (which hopefully is as confident as before the KO loss), there's nothing but experience to gain. there's a lot of matchups to be made in that division, hopefully they both put on good performances and continue being in the mix.

Comment

this interview couldnt of been paul;s actual words know what im sayinn. he did say ya know what im sayin one time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well I enjoyed the interview. Can't wait to get to Atlantic City to see the fight live. Hope I get the see the old PW. It was interesting to hear Peterson say what I have always known, that he isn't and never really will be a true MW. He probably should have just stuck with 154 when he moved up and just cleaned out the division. I still think he's going to fight more than 3 fights if he isn't washed up. As long as his chin and his will are still good there are very few fighters in the world who can beat him.

Comment

Good interview............

Comment

Originally posted by b0ndsj0ns20 View Post
                Well I enjoyed the interview. Can't wait to get to Atlantic City to see the fight live. Hope I get the see the old PW. It was interesting to hear Peterson say what I have always known, that he isn't and never really will be a true MW. He probably should have just stuck with 154 when he moved up and just cleaned out the division. I still think he's going to fight more than 3 fights if he isn't washed up. As long as his chin and his will are still good there are very few fighters in the world who can beat him.
                that caught my attention too, i also felt paul was much better at 154 than 160. ppl need to give him props, most fighters these days use the multiple weightclasses and belts to win titles against the easiest possible oposition and move up and down for that ducking their biggest threats.

paul goes to any weightclass even if hes not comftorable in it looking for the hardest fights, he wanted guys like pavlik, abraham and ofcourse martinez. and always goes balls out in there putting it all on the line just to give the fans a good show.

alot of ppl think he has no defense, thats bull****. he gets wild alot, he lacks discipline to stick to a gameplan especialy if it involves boxing a technical fight, but he has great boxing skills when he uses them. still he just wants to put on a show, gotta love the punisher. i hope he doesnt retire so soon but he deserves it, he gave us so many great fights.

Comment

Working...
                X