Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You're Cotto. Do you go for the kill or box for a UD?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're Cotto. Do you go for the kill or box for a UD?

What do you think Cotto needs to do this time around? Margarito is not the same fighter he was that night. Do you view what Mosley and Pacman did and go all out not being intimidated by his size and chin reputation knowing that ANY man can fall at some point?

Or do you not take the chance and box as smart as you possibly can.

Cotto boxed well the first fight, but tired out and I am not sure a more paced boxing match will help if he's moving around a lot. Also throwing a lot may not be good if Cotto tires out. Mosley had the power to stop Margarito and the physicality and pressure to walk him down. Pacman had the speed, in and out, and stamina to go the distance.

Cotto I believe has to not be intimidated and box with aggression. Walk Margarito down with jabs and quick 1-3 punch combinations. Not move and move and throw 4-6 punch combinations as it tires him out.

What do you guys think?

It also helps that Margarito won't have a huge unfair advantage as he likely did during the first fight. I also think Cotto may have gained more stamina and I expect him to box smartly with Stewart in his corner.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
      Cotto I believe has to not be intimidated and box with aggression. Walk Margarito down with jabs and quick 1-3 punch combinations. Not move and move and throw 4-6 punch combinations as it tires him out.
      I honestly don't think this is hard fight for Cotto. Even though he's lost a few steps, if he can even slightly emulate his first fight -- he wins a decision, picking up little or no damage.

Margarito is nothing without wraps.

Comment

He needs to stay in the pocket more and make use of his god given advantages.

I don't think Mosley has a lot more power than Cotto based on their fights with Margarito. What Mosley did was plant his feet, stand his ground, and throw punches with everything behind them. When Cotto and Margs fought Cotto was moving backwards almost the whole time.

I don't think Cotto should go to war, he just needs to be smart. If Margarito begins to close the distance hold him and turn. Stay in the middle of the ring and unleash some combinations, then rinse and repeat.

So I guess my answer would be a bit of both. It's not a good idea to get in a ton of exchanges cause Margarito can take more than Cotto can. But it's stupid to move too much cause I don't think he has the stamina and it takes steam off of his punches and gives Tony confidence.

Comment

fight a smart fight early on where i dont get hit alot
          and then after the 7th maybe start giving teh fans their worth

Comment

If I felt Margarito really cheated against me, I'd get dq'd because I'd punch his cup so hard his balls would go into his stomach. Then I would tackle him to the ground and stomp on his face. I'd kill someone if I felt they cheated against me in that ring.

I could care less about the win, if someone used plaster of paris against me they're going to die in that ring in the rematch.

Comment

cotto just needs to stay off the ropes and keep the fight in the middle of the ring.

Comment

Go for the kill, Mosley style...

If he can, fight southpaw stance and give full force overhand left as many as possible...

Cotto stamina has to be top notch for this fight...

Comment

Cotto beats Margarito without the steel in his gloves. He was beating Margarito early in the 1st fight until Margaritos gloves started wearing thin and that METAL came to the surface.

Comment

cotto needs to study mosley margo
                    hit and hold

Comment

Working...
                    X