Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Nielsen-Majewski, Braekhus-Castillo Final Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Nielsen-Majewski, Braekhus-Castillo Final Presser

The first meeting between WBA, WBC and WBO Female Welterweight Champion Cecilia Braekhus (22-0, 6 KOs), the pound-for-pound number one, and WBO Light Middleweight Champion Oxandia Castillo (12-0, 9 KOs) came to a dramatic conclusion on Thursday afternoon. While the First Lady was giving interviews after the final press conference, Castillo grabbed the three belts and posed for pictures with them. “They will be mine on Saturday, I will take them home,” she said.

The clash of unbeaten champions at Arena Nord in Frederikshavn, Denmark is just two days away. “She should not have taken my belts, I am not happy about it,” Braekhus said. “I have never seen anyone do that before. Anyway, it´s the closest she will get to them. She will never touch them again. I will defend them on Saturday and take them back home with me.” [Click Here To Read More]

hard 2 say how good/bad Braekhus is,once over 126, woman's boxing offers little...hardly any quality fighters, just inflated records...she hides out in Europe, worse than Bopp in A'tina...records mean nothing or the title if 1 is not fighting quality...

Comment

No offense man, but you obviously don't know what you are talking about. I admittedly know very little about women's boxing myself, but I have seen Braekhus fight, and I can tell you her skills are for real. And women's boxing is much more popular in Europe than in the US, so "hiding in Europe" doesn't mean the same for female fighters as it does for male ones. Braekhus's resume is about as good as it gets for a female boxer.

Comment

Working...
      X