No announcement yet.

Fighters that went on too long

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighters that went on too long

So, Mosley is fighting Cano, Holyfield is still active, Riddick Bowe made noises about a return last year.

Which fighters do you think went on far too long and when do you think they should have quit?

I think Vitali should retire soon. He used to be much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
      I think Vitali should retire soon. He used to be much better.
      Agree. But for 41 he's pretty damn good.

Ali takes it for me. He should have quit after manilla.

Comment

Roy Jones Jnr

Comment

I think Roy jones should of stopped after Trinidad... Pernell Whitaker after De La hoya... and Sugar ray leonard after Duran 3...

Comment

Although I do think winky wright should of fought again after quillin... hell i think he should of fought mosley for 3rd time instead of quillin...

Comment

I won't name obvious one's. I want to talk about active fighters who it's not that obvious that they're done.

Juan Manuel Marquez continuing to fight after the biggest win of his career at 39 where he was visibly hurt and looked the worst he's ever looked against Pacquiao, despite the two big right nuclear bombs he landed.

Floyd Mayweather Jr signing a 6 fight deal at 36 years old. To be fulfilled by 2 years. Yeah, I want to see that.

Bernard Hopkins could have retired right after the second Pascal fight. Wins over Cloud and possibly Cleverly would be good wins against young, undefeated, top 10 fighters but not as popular as beating Pavlik and Pascal.

Comment

Ali is up there. He should have retired after the third Frazier fight. He definitely should have retired after the third Norton fight, and at the latest it should have been after the Shavers fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  I won't name obvious one's. I want to talk about active fighters who it's not that obvious that they're done.

Juan Manuel Marquez continuing to fight after the biggest win of his career at 39 where he was visibly hurt and looked the worst he's ever looked against Pacquiao, despite the two big right nuclear bombs he landed.

Floyd Mayweather Jr signing a 6 fight deal at 36 years old. To be fulfilled by 2 years. Yeah, I want to see that.

Bernard Hopkins could have retired right after the second Pascal fight. Wins over Cloud and possibly Cleverly would be good wins against young, undefeated, top 10 fighters but not as popular as beating Pavlik and Pascal.
                  He has 2 1/2 years to fight 6 fights. If he does stay active, BIG IF, he can fight Spring 2013, Late 2013, Spring 2014, Late 2014, Spring 2015, and Late 2015.

Comment

Roy should have retired after the first Tarver fight, again he should have after the was stopped by Tarver, and he definitely should have after he lost to Johnson.

Comment

Working...
                    X