No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: CompuBox Stats: Wolak, Rodriguez Land Heavy Power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: CompuBox Stats: Wolak, Rodriguez Land Heavy Power

Junior middleweights Pawel Wolak and Delvin Rodriguez constantly swapped punches throughout their 10-round majority draw. The fight pitted Rodriguez's slightly more accurate power punching (40 percent to 36 percent) against Wolak's sheer volume (108.5 punches per round). A fitting stat: 91 percent of the fight's total connects were power punches. [Click Here To Read More]

How many of those were landed when Wolaks eye was closed? Wolak was winning most of the first 5-6 rounds and Delvin won the rest cuz Wolak's eye was fully closed. It was a great fight no doubt and a Draw was the correct decision.

Wolak has some bad skin, dude gets cut in every single fight, a rematch is in order and if Wolak doesnt get cut I think he wins, Delvin is a tough dude no doubt tho, props to him

PowerPunch stats say Wolak landed more punches and power punches in every round, so how did Rodriguez land the heavier ones? Wolak walked right thru them

Even with a busted eye Wolak still landed at a higher % than Rodriguez, it wasnt like he threw 1200 punches and landed 200.
    Last edited by Medved; 07-16-2011, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Really enjoyed this fight, i had it a draw.

Comment

I had Wolak winning 96-94. I mean he completely controllde the fight from start to finish. Rodriguez was definitely the "cleaner boxer", but his shots weren't telling enough - damage notwithstanding, they had no effect on pawel. he kept behaving as a ring general.

Comment

I think the eye swelling is influencing too many people in their scoring. . . pawel landed plenty of clean, head snapping shots on delvin. and the body work was constant. he did maul, and just flurry at times, but IMO he took the fight, and deserved the W.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
            I think the eye swelling is influencing too many people in their scoring. . . pawel landed plenty of clean, head snapping shots on delvin. and the body work was constant. he did maul, and just flurry at times, but IMO he took the fight, and deserved the W.
            I saw the fight same way, even with 1 eye he was doing good, and was dominating when he had both eyes, no idea why Delvin was mad, he should be thankfull for the Draw. Going backwards, landing the softer shots, landed less at a lower % and wasnt doing throwing too many combos.

Wolak was pressing, mauling Delvin, walking thru his punches and controlling the fight, I have a feeling the judges gave the last 5 rounds to Delvin because of Wolak's eye, if you look at the punch stats he was still throwing more and connecting at a higher %, and he was still going forward.

Im okay with a Draw tho, bad luck on Wolak's part, they didnt stop this fight but they stopped the Lewis-Vitali fight, Wolak admitted he couldnt see anything and the Smoger and the Doctor knew that as well.

This is how its supposed to be, dont stop the fight unless fighter wants it stopped, this is Boxing, not Golf or NFL.

Comment

Still can't get over that eye wound on wolak.

Comment

Working...
              X