Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the hype or the glass jawed Gamboa?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the hype or the glass jawed Gamboa?

Three years into his pro career and he has still yet to fight a fighter of class.He has been matched up against bums and even got a cheap title out it.

I recently watched his last fight against some bum out of Argentina and he looked completely ridiculous.His glass jaw was exposed once again as he was hurt by a right hand in the eighth round.

He doesn't have much of a future unfortunately.
    Last edited by Snopkins; 04-07-2010, 04:44 PM.

for

Can't even correct a mistype on the thread title on this site.

Comment

He's a good fighter and I'm a fan but he has flaws and I was shocked at how so many people jumped on the Gamboa bandwagon and were acting like he'd destroy Juan Ma. Juan Ma faced the much tougher competition. One right hook from Juan Ma and Gamboa is in SERIOUS trouble. I believe he has to fight a perfect fight to beat Juan Ma and I think Gamboa has way too many flaws to fight the perfect fight. We'll see soon though.

Comment

It's usually the Lopez critics who think so highly of Gamboa.They criticise Lopez due to an apparent unwillingness to fight the best and yet choose to ignore Gamboa's piss poor resume.

Comment

Gamboa has never been hurt in his professional career. Just about every knockdown of his ends up being him getting right back up and completely dominating the round or knocking out the opponents.

And from a neutral standpoint, Gamboa's style is very attractive to the average viewer. Fast, power punching, all offensive, and most of his fights end in spectacular knockout.

Taking into factor the impending Lopez/Gamboa matchup. Gamboa easily handled a guy that was close to upsetting Lopez most recently. And on the same night Lopez didn't look nearly as impressive as Gamboa did, although he knocked out an opponent higher than Gamboa has faced before. The thinking is a bit shallow, but it's how an average viewer would think of it.

Comment

so now if you get hurt or dazed you have a glass jaw? you guys are funny i dont take you guys seriously at all but yall funny.

Comment

The way I've understood it is that Glass breaks, and Glass jaw then means you get hurt.

I've been hit by a clean left hook in the jaw but I wouldn't attribute the knockdown I suffered to me being hurt, but me being suddenly thrown off balance and losing my footing.

Gamboa doesn't get hurt, but he gets countered and loses balance in the midst of the rapid flurries he throws. I've actually seen Gamboa get right back without waiting for the 8 count and trying to jump right back on the opponent and the ref having to hold him back.

Comment

He was just hurt in his last fight you dolt.

Comment

Gamboa didn't look himself in his last fight. He had dark circles under his eyes, seemed a bit slower and fatigued as the fight went on.

He fought technically sound for the first 7-8 rounds or so, but clearly, in this posters opinion, was not fighting at 100%.

Comment

His last fight was against a bum?!? So 28-0-1 is a bum's record, right?

Take it easy man. Gamboa hasn't even had 20 pro fights yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X