Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old article, Margarito has been calling out the big dogs for while now.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old article, Margarito has been calling out the big dogs for while now.

4-10-03 - There is nothing yet on the table for Antonio Maragarito as of now. Todd duBoef Exec. V.P. of Top Rank has mentioned that not only are the t.v. dates not there, but he also needs to tie some loose ends regarding Antonio Margarito. We all know that Ricardo Mayorga will most likely be fighting Vernon Forrest in July. Don King opted not to work with Top Rank to make a unification match between Margarito and Mayorga, all this due to greed and fear of losing his champion.

Margarito has stated an interest in fighting the current IBF Welterweight Champion, Corey Spinks, but he is also under Don King. Margarito is getting anxious, he does not want to continue fighting fighters with the likes of Quiroz and Celaya or Baldomir because his purses will continue to be low. Margarito wants fame and fortune and he believes these types of fights will not get him there.

Margarito has heard of Mayweather wanting to fight De La Hoya, well Margarito wants Mayweather to fight him. Margarito has stated, he would love to fight Mayweather and shut his big mouth. Why not fight me at 147lbs before thinking of fighting at 154lbs against De La Hoya. Everybody wants to fight the old man, why not fight me? Is it because I'm young and hungry? Or is it because you know you'll lose?

Margarito wants everyone to know, he wants to fight the best out there. "I want De La Hoya! I want Vargas! I want Mayweather! I want Mayorga! I want Spinks! I want Forrest! I even want Hopkins! We can work together to resolve your excuses, but I won't be able to help if you are afraid of losing. A.M. WBO Champ

Originally posted by {BrownBomber} View Post
    4-10-03 - There is nothing yet on the table for Antonio Maragarito as of now. Todd duBoef Exec. V.P. of Top Rank has mentioned that not only are the t.v. dates not there, but he also needs to tie some loose ends regarding Antonio Margarito. We all know that Ricardo Mayorga will most likely be fighting Vernon Forrest in July. Don King opted not to work with Top Rank to make a unification match between Margarito and Mayorga, all this due to greed and fear of losing his champion.

Margarito has stated an interest in fighting the current IBF Welterweight Champion, Corey Spinks, but he is also under Don King. Margarito is getting anxious, he does not want to continue fighting fighters with the likes of Quiroz and Celaya or Baldomir because his purses will continue to be low. Margarito wants fame and fortune and he believes these types of fights will not get him there.

Margarito has heard of Mayweather wanting to fight De La Hoya, well Margarito wants Mayweather to fight him. Margarito has stated, he would love to fight Mayweather and shut his big mouth. Why not fight me at 147lbs before thinking of fighting at 154lbs against De La Hoya. Everybody wants to fight the old man, why not fight me? Is it because I'm young and hungry? Or is it because you know you'll lose?

Margarito wants everyone to know, he wants to fight the best out there. "I want De La Hoya! I want Vargas! I want Mayweather! I want Mayorga! I want Spinks! I want Forrest! I even want Hopkins! We can work together to resolve your excuses, but I won't be able to help if you are afraid of losing. A.M. WBO Champ
    margarito has been ducked for many many years and the real boxing fans already knew this. and the real boxing fans know baldomir has been a bum his whole career. only mayweather nuthuggers try to make him seem like hes somebody.

Comment

Margarito who????

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian View Post
        Margarito who????
        I think I might have a margarita after work.

Comment

guys who aren't big names will always call out the bigger names. fighters always want the bigger paydays and bigger fights.

if bob arum wasn't treating margarito like jan brady and treating guys like oscar like marcia, maybe margarito wouldn't be in this position.

top rank didn't promote margarito well until 2006 when they kept claiming mayweather and everyone was scared of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian View Post
            Margarito who????
            you know, the guy who your idol was scared of...

Comment

Working...
            X