Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20 yrs from now how will we view pac mans career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 yrs from now how will we view pac mans career?

assuming he retires now.

There's a lot of euphoria to wear off. I honestly can't be certain.

If I had to take a guess, I would say history will notice that he was carefully guided after a certain point. There are question marks in my opinion.

He was and is a legitimate great, but at 147, his advantages were outweighed by his limitations. That's why he took so many well-timed fights as of late.

I think the Marquez rematches were slip-ups. Especially considering last night. Marquez was the wrong opponent for him at higher weights, where it became more of a match of their brains than of their physical attributes.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
      There's a lot of euphoria to wear off. I honestly can't be certain.

If I had to take a guess, I would say history will notice that he was carefully guided after a certain point. There are question marks in my opinion.

He was and is a legitimate great, but at 147, his advantages were outweighed by his limitations. That's why he took so many well-timed fights as of late.

I think the Marquez rematches were slip-ups. Especially considering last night. Marquez was the wrong opponent for him at higher weights, where it became more of a match of their brains than of their physical attributes.
      Could you elaborate on your statement about the higher weights. Are you saying that at the higher weights Pacquiao's advantages were lessened? Speed wise? I do not disagree I like your point but I am a bit confused as to what it means.

Comment

He's a legitimate all time great.

Comment

Originally posted by Randomum View Post
          Could you elaborate on your statement about the higher weights. Are you saying that at the higher weights Pacquiao's advantages were lessened? Speed wise? I do not disagree I like your point but I am a bit confused as to what it means.
          As he went higher in weight, his power was going to meet up against sterner chins, and vice versa. His speed didn't decline too much, even now it's elite.

He was going to have more disadvantages fighting natural welterweights than if he had stayed at a lower weight. He's a little dude.

Comment

We will still praise him as an ATG.

I felt that brutal KO lifted Marquez's legacy more than it damaged Pacquiao's.

Comment

I think he's likely to be underrated. He's not properly rated even now, he's either overrated or underrated by those caught up in each current moment of his active career.

Comment

He'll be remembered as the greatest fighter of his era and up their with the top 3 all time.

Comment

An elite ATG top 12 fighter in modern boxing history.

He revolutionized the sport by going from flyweight to welterweight

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                    He'll be remembered as the greatest fighter of his era and up their with the top 3 all time.
                    Get off the dick................

Comment

Working...
                    X