Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maidana DUCKS Humberto Soto; Maidana refuses to defend against #1 mandatory-Soto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maidana DUCKS Humberto Soto; Maidana refuses to defend against #1 mandatory-Soto

By Dan Ambrose: WBA light welterweight champion Marcos Maidana has reportedly refused an offer from his promoter Richard Schaefer to defend his title against his number #1 contender Humberto Soto on November 26th on the same card as the Adrien Broner vs. TBA fight.

Maidana reportedly "wasn’t happy with the money" offered to him for the fight. Maidana instead will take on his mandatory challenger Paul McCloskey, who recently defeated Breidis Prescott by a controversial 12 round decision in McCloskey’s home city of Belfast, Ireland.

McCloskey, who can’t punch, and isn’t as skilled as Soto, would seem to be the easier option for Maidana compared to Soto. Both fights are tough options for Maidana in different ways.

Soto has a lot more technical skills than Maidana and is a better inside fighter than him. It would come down to whether or not Maidana could knock him out, which is highly doubtful because Soto has a great chin.

I could see Maidana losing to Soto quite easily. McCloskey will make Maidana miss all night and cause him a lot of problems with his defense. However, if McCloskey goes after Maidana the way that he did against Prescott in the second part of his fight with him, Maidana will give McCloskey a beating.

Maidana is a lot more sturdy than Prescott, and there’s no way that McCloskey could attack Maidana the way he did Prescott without taking awful punishment.

McCloskey will have to literally run the entire 12 rounds to escape with any kind of win and even that would be a huge stretch because he won’t get a win outside of Ireland by running the entire fight.

McCloskey will have to take the fight to Maidana and that would be an insane move for him. Maidana will wreck McCloskey’s world if he tries to exchange with him.

http://www.*boxingnnews24*****.com/2...aul-mccloskey/

http://sportstwo.com/threads/197040-...skey?p=2665126

Last edited by MexicanPoster; 09-30-2011, 07:17 PM.

nah maidana doesn't duck people.

if he's not fighting soto it's cuz he'll get more $ vs. morales or whatever.

Comment

Yeah sure, like the way Marquez "ducked" Soto last year.

If duck was meant as having bigger and better names to fight and making more money, than yeah, it's a duck.

Comment

not sure why maidana would prefer this fight over mccloskey... maybe cause khan said if he beats mccloskey then he'd give maidana a rematch

Comment

They said the money was too low. Also, when Guerrero fell out, GBP offered Soto and Maidana agreed, but Soto turned him down, is that ducking too?

Comment

Is it possible to duck Soto?!

Comment

Hahahaha.

He knows Zorrita would box his ears off thats why.

One of the underrated mexican boxers today. He's so good. I am not surprised by that the biitch in Maidana has surfaced.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                Hahahaha.

One of the underrated mexican boxers today. He's so good. I am not surprised by that the biitch in Maidana has surfaced.
                makes sense this was written by a soccer fan.

Comment

Hahahaha.

He really is a great fighter. I hope they start making better fights for him.

I want a Soto/Kats/Rios/Maidana tourney at 140.

Comment

Hahahaha.

lmao yea OK,soto is tailor made for maidana,soto hates pressure fighters and boxers

Comment

Working...
                    X