Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After discovering Pacquiao, Lewkowicz continues to prospect for gold in Philippines

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After discovering Pacquiao, Lewkowicz continues to prospect for gold in Philippines

After discovering Pacquiao, Lewkowicz continues to prospect for gold in Philippines
    By Ryan ********, GMA News

Sampson Lewkowicz carved his name in the international boxing arena, making a name of discovering talent in foreign countries and bringing them to the world stage for opportunities they wouldn't have received back home.

The Uruguay-born Lewkowicz, who now resides in Las Vegas, Nevada, has brought many great fighters to light since coming to boxing in the late '90s.

Perhaps his greatest discovery came in 2001, when San Francisco-based lawyer Sydney Hall introduced him to then rising fighter Manny Pacquiao.

Hall, before introducing Pacquiao to Lewkowicz, had already exhausted all avenues in trying to look for an American promoter for the then Filipino super bantamweight contender.

[Click the link below to continue the story]

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/227449/s...in-philippines

Sana makahanap pa sila kahit lima pang pinoy na gaya ni Pacquiao. dalawang taon na lang at mawawala na si manny. si donaire, gesta, at nietes mukhang mahihirapan silang maabot ang naabot ni idol.

sagutin sana ni ryan ng tagalog din.

Comment

bet you Don King is kicking himself in the ass right now

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        bet you Don King is kicking himself in the ass right now
        That would have given him control of the best fighter in the world now, so yeah, he made a boo boo there.

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
          That would have given him control of the best fighter in the world now, so yeah, he made a boo boo there.

pareng Ryan, i read a long time ago that when PAC was brought to the US that, not only were promoters turning him down but trainers as well...perhaps you could poke around and find out which trainers 'didnt see anything special' in PAC...i'd really like to know

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            pareng Ryan, i read a long time ago that when PAC was brought to the US that, not only were promoters turning him down but trainers as well...perhaps you could poke around and find out which trainers 'didnt see anything special' in PAC...i'd really like to know
            You think Atlas might've been one of them? Would explain a lot.

Comment

Working...
            X