No announcement yet.

Protein question..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein question..

Ok, so basically, I'm supposed to have around 55-60g of Protein a day to maintain/not lose muscle. But I'm on a diet where I'm grabbing between 800-1500 cals per day...so I'm low on my protein.

Truthfully though, I'm not looking to gain mass right now, but I want to try to lose the most fat vs muscle I can. Does eating protein, even in a calorie deficiency, help you NOT lose muscle?

Like can Ieat that amount of protein, still diet, and improve the amount of fat burned vs muscle?

protein builds muscle but doesnt maintain it. u have to lift and eat protein even to maintain muscle.

Comment

I have read a few magazines that say to maintain muscle you should take at least 1gm of protein for every pound you weigh. For example, if you weigh 150lbs you would have to take 150grms of protein a day. Take a lean protein. They have specialty proteins at GNC. Also, if you want to get leaner and maintain the muscle. Do timed cardio. Instead of running for mileage, run for time. 35 minutes should be enough.

Comment

I hear there are MAJOR health risks down the road for eating that amount of protein and that it's vastly overdone. 30% of your caloric intake is the most youre supposed to have for protein, otherwise it's hard on your internal organs.

Comment

30% of daily caloric intake is usually around 150g per day if youre on a 2000/day diet

and sprint workouts are excellent fat burning workouts as well as maintaining muscle

Comment

You can't have too much protein you just excrete the excess protein that the body does not use.

Comment

Number 1, if you don't get enough protein you lose muscle. Number 2, if you don't work the muscles while dieting, you lose muscle
              Number 3, protein can be burned just like carbs and fat. It produces the same calories as carbs. So make sure you've got enough protein in your diet, especially if you are cutting calories. Otherwise, you are simply burning the protein, instead of the missing carbs and fat. But drink plenty of fluids.

Comment

protein

if you want to gain mass you have to eat about 3g/kg protein and of course eat a lot carbs(such as pasta,potato,brown rice..and such...)if you want to lose fat and get muscles then you eat 2g/kg protein and must to low carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by supaduck
                  protein builds muscle but doesnt maintain it. u have to lift and eat protein even to maintain muscle.

uuuuum

proteins are essential to maintain mucsle as well as build them.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeTheRock7
                    You can't have too much protein you just excrete the excess protein that the body does not use.
                    if you eat to much protein it will turn into fat

Comment

Working...
                    X