Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are my parents always putting me down?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are my parents always putting me down?

I'm a person who likes to Box. I've liked boxing since I was very little. My parents let me take some lessons for a while but then I did some other stuff over the next few years. I take piano and do tae-kwon-do now. Now that I'm older, I want to Box again but my parents don't want me to now. They think I can make a career out of piano and tae-kwon-do but what they don't realize is that I never did both of those things enough to even consider a career in either of those fields, but I've been boxing longer than both of the things I'm doing now and I even got to even have a fight once or twice in the ring with boxing at least every month or so. My parents, especially my mom, thinks that if I box now, I'll be a misrable failure with "no friends to back you up because they think you betrayed them". (in her own words too >_>)

I must ask you all reading this, why do my parents put me down? Why are my parents making me do what THEY want me to do, and not what I want to do? I even told them that I want to become what I want and not what THEY want, but they still won't listen.

Parents always try to get you to do what THEY feel is the best thing for you. If y ou feel a different way of course you will have a disagreement. They are also usually stubborn and will stand their ground on what they believe in. You just have to follow what you feel is right, and if your parents are good ones (which it sounds like they are) they will have your back either way.

Comment

How old are you?

Do whatever you gotta do, forget what your parents want, they aint living in your body, you are, so do what you want, as long as your not hurting someone (in a non sporting sense, lol)

Comment

Working...
      X